Summer Pictures

Here's where a bunch of my summer is being and will be spent.

Youngest showing off his new T-ball bat!

Quite crappy quality (cell phone), but a video of the oldest showing he has his father's "speed" as he legs out a double.

I wish my summer was going to be spent scouting antelope again, but no luck in the draw.
AntelopeFamily.jpg
So I'll have to settle for some birds, even non-game birds, even clear down to bugs.
IMG_2140-1.jpg
IMG_4653a.jpg
IMG_1049b.jpg
Depending on how harvest goes maybe I'll sneak in some fishing or let my sons/combine drivers go race.
IMG_0729 - wide.jpg
IMG_9665b.jpg

Been exploring Durham and Chapel Hill the past two days.

Attachments

• old well photo.jpg
    old well photo.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,233
Swift fox hauling back breakfast for the kids.

18625640433_945ba8b686_b.jpg

19240251162_66a7b2df06_b.jpg

My daughter flying her kite.

Shortly after this photo the wind gusted and ripped that kite right out of her hands. Scared the crap out of her. The kite spool got caught up on a fence about a half mile away. Otherwise it would've travelled over the Madison Range and off into the ether. She was in hot pursuit screaming like a banshee. I haven't laughed so hard in a long while.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,332
Last edited:
Great pictures. I'm shocked someone else is from NC. Looks like most are from the west.

I'm actually a recent transplant. Grew up in Bozeman, MT, spent a few years in upstate NY and PA, just moved down to NC for grad school. Still trying to find my way around.

Some SW Montana high country highlights:
*crossing the 10000' high desert
*spawning grayling at 9000'
*at the head of the Gallatin
*a boy and his Golden trout
*above Hilgard Basin
*Cedar Lake, folks used to work harder back in the day.......

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,270
  • Picture 357.jpg
    Picture 357.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_1048.JPG
    IMG_1048.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 1,244
  • 2010review 263.jpg
    2010review 263.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,155
  • IMGP0265.JPG
    IMGP0265.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,308
Craig, is that the same adult fox in both pics? I don't know if it's the angle or that she's not putting weight on her rear feet when the first pic was taken but it looks like a trap or something got her rear toes.??? Looks fine in the second pic.

Craig, is that the same adult fox in both pics? I don't know if it's the angle or that she's not putting weight on her rear feet when the first pic was taken but it looks like a trap or something got her rear toes.??? Looks fine in the second pic.

Same fox. Pics were about 15 seconds apart. Back feet do look whack.

I'm actually a recent transplant. Grew up in Bozeman, MT, spent a few years in upstate NY and PA, just moved down to NC for grad school. Still trying to find my way around.

Welcome to the Carolinas! God painted the sky Carolina blue...

I'm close to Charlotte

One of my favorite days was spent on the Yellowstone with my pals Alex & John from the Mystery Ranch here in Bozeman. You guys can all thank Al for designing the best hunting packs in the biz.

Anyway, I rowed for most of the float and these two fished their faces off. Al was skunked besides the tiniest brown that went for the biggest streamer ever. It was hilarious.

All was fine until a willow caught a rod & pulled it across my leg, and I subsequently managed to save the loose rod with the muscle tissue of my calf. This did not come out easily. Word to the wise: don't forget to clinch your barbs :p

Attachments

• al.jpg
    al.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 938
  • bozo.jpg
    bozo.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 914
  • caught.jpg
    caught.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 952
Hmm..where do I fish?

Attachments