Still working?

Still working, from home, same 30ft commute I've had for almost 6 years now outside the occasional trip to the office which has been shut down as of now by the home office. Vendor crews are still working as of now also.

I’m blessed to still be working. I’m a firefighter/paramedic. I was never really afraid of cooties... that’s changed a bit. I’m more concerned about bringing it home and giving it to family than anything.

The fiancee is a PA-C at a family practice. They're only seeing acute/emergency patients. Her hours got cut in half and she will be filing for partial unemployment.
NEVERMIND

A sick patient with flu like symptoms accidentally coughed in the doctors face this past Wednesday. This patient was recommended for COVID-19 and influenza testing but refused. She went back to work at the local MAJOR HOSPITAL as a janitor and they found her yesterday passed out in a janitorial closet. Her test results came back positive for coronavirus and the doctor and all the staff at the family practice that were working that day are now quarantined. My fiancee, who is off on Wednesdays, is now running the whole practice. At least she's not going on unemployment....

The fall out from the janitor at the major hospital system is yet to be seen, but its not going to be good

By the time the government figures out how I could work from home the pandemic will be over...the same government that told workers everywhere else to work from home if they could.

I’ve been off my seasonal paying job since November 23rd and doing residential construction near home and at home. I hope to go back to my seasonal job in early April but oil prices are so low many companies have postponed projects. I have been in the reclamation/civil industry related to utility projects for 21 years, so I’m used to lay-off and shutdowns.
Thankfully we don’t have any debt or house payments and can survive on little. We have had very lean years when everyone else had plenty of work, but we had always had our needs met through extended savings, part time construction/labor jobs, and Gods blessings.
Hang in there guys, if you have food, shelter, and healthy you can make it.

Still working as outside contractor (electrical) in hospitals. Finishing up a couple critical projects. There is talk of possibly going to another hospital to open a closed wing for more patient beds.

Most of the TX mayors that issued vague orders last night, to take effect tonight, must have received a lot of push back. In most cases the more detailed orders released this afternoon detailing what and who can stay open left me wondering what actually got closed that hadn’t been already...

So yes...still working. Being exceedingly careful.

We dropped to 30 hours a week for hourly members of our team on Monday. Sales cratered starting last Wednesday. One exempt manager is working from home as is health compromised. The rest of us exempts are keeping the warehouse open for shipments and helping out with assembly. I got a key customer to pull the balance of 2020 business to "ship ASAP" so will be busy through May. Then, might get ugly. I can retire and have a home in another state closer to a son, his wife and two toddlers. I like building teams so would be sad to not work in a business for another 5 or more years. We have looked at retiring to Portugal so after the dust settles might expedite that decision. Have diversified investments so only down about 15% when actually ran the numbers last weekend. Thought was down more than that. I turn 59 this spring so in theory could start to tap my IRAs (all traditional) 6 months after without penalty then if had no income from jobs. I plan to not touch IRAs until forced to in more than another decade.

The local governments I work with here in Arizona that just ‘couldn’t’ take submittals electronically in the past have magically all done so within the last week.

In the same vein as nature finding a way when it comes to creating life, bureaucrats find a way when a form submission is on the line. Same concept. Nature & gov't employees abhor a vacuum.

Our Retail Feed Store is still open regular hours. My counter help has masks but said something about wanting a plexiglass shield at the counter....But they won't wear masks...

I'll be working with very little difference to how we operate. We did close the fish hatchery to visitors but we don't typically get many until summer anyhow. Wife is home since all schools in Oregon are closed down.

Back