PEAX Equipment

State of Reloading Market

idahofishnhunt

Obviously as it gets closer to hunting season things are becoming more "unavailable", but it's been a long time since I've been able to find any brass...last fall I think. I've stocked up on some items when I've seen them, some powder, practice bullets, primers seem to be in stock with no problems. It's pretty much the brass, either Remington or Winchester and Nosler Accubonds in 140gn that I can't seem to find anywhere.

Maybe it's just in the area I am in...or are others still not finding anything? .22lr...don't get me started, good luck finding that still.

I have primers that have been on backorder since Nov 2012...funny that I can get them relatively easily in stores now. If I hadn't already paid for HazMat fees, I'd cancel the order.

I had a hell of a time getting Varget so I switched everything that used it over to CFE223 and bought 16lbs.

i just bought 2 pounds of Varget this afternoon. also there is a guy a few blocks from where i work that sells nothing but brass. i bought 100 rounds for 20.00 last week. the 165 and 150 grain projectiles dont seem to be running out anytime soon.
idfishnhunt let me know what youre looking for and i'll see what he has in stock. i could probably ups you some.

Powder is sketchy still here. Some places get a big shipment of only a few different types. Luckily I've been able to assemble enough of what works to last a long time. Some bullets are still very difficult to find, like any 180 grn JHP's for 40 & 10mm. Others see limited selection. I've been ordering some stuff as it comes available and am looking at shooting more cast or plated bullets instead of jacketed for pistol but still, would be nice to have a few hundred on hand.

Primers are easy to come by and brass isn't bad. Gun show prices are coming down as well but some folks are not ready to accept they're gonna lose money from hording.

My Dad has been trying to track down some RL-22 for something like 8 months... ... ...

RL22 is one I have been able to find down here. It is really spotty, if you see something you use you should buy regardless of immediate need. I don't advocate hording but one should have an ample supply of what you use.

Have you tried Cliffs on Fairview? He had plenty of everything last time I was in but that was 4 months ago. I grabbed 100rds of 300wsm brass and 3lbs of RL17. Sportsmans in Meridian had plenty of bullets, primers, and a little powder but slim on the brass. Thankfully I was overstocked aside from the 300wsm before this last round of empty shelves.

I keep hearing that it's getting better, but where I live it is still very bad and with three sons who all love to shoot I'm always looking for a bunch of stuff.

+1 on cliffs although the reason they have things in stock is clear when you look at the price tag. What brass do you need?

Brent, did you think of a day when you want to go fishing?

There is a spot in Tulsa that seems to get a lot of stuff in. I don't reload myself (yet, I bought a Lee kit) but I follow them on Facebook and they are constantly posting stuff. A buddy of mine reloads a lot and has got stuff from them he couldn't find elsewhere. And they will ship. Google Jerry's Shooting Supply in Tulsa.

Yup Cliffs charges for having the availability. I will say I was surprised that the brass I bought was the same price as sportsmans/cabelas.

I'm ready to fish anytime... J/k What are the chances of two Brent's in the area being on hunt talk.

Have you tried Cliffs on Fairview? He had plenty of everything last time I was in but that was 4 months ago. I grabbed 100rds of 300wsm brass and 3lbs of RL17. Sportsmans in Meridian had plenty of bullets, primers, and a little powder but slim on the brass. Thankfully I was overstocked aside from the 300wsm before this last round of empty shelves.

+1 on cliffs although the reason they have things in stock is clear when you look at the price tag. What brass do you need?

Brent, did you think of a day when you want to go fishing?

I dropped by Cliff's yesterday because I was in the area...if I needed any IMR powder I would have been set! No bullets or brass though. I concure Justin...some definite price gouging going on there though. I check a lot online at various retailers too, a person sometimes get's lucky. I guess I shouldn't have picked such a popular caliber...although when I got it it wasn't as popular as it is today. I'm looking for either Remington or Winchester 7mm-08 brass if anyone sees any around at a decent price.

Justin...you probably have your ear to the ground better then me when it comes to what's biting and where. Let's make a connection on it, I can take a day off during the week too if it helps with less traffic out on the water.

This other Brent sounds like an OK dude, not just because of the name..LOL, maybe we'll have to meet up sometime for lunch some of us locals.

You may just need to neck down some 308 for the time being.

I really need to fish cj strike on July 15or16th to pre fish for the kids and ladys open tournaments on the 19 and 20th.
It should be an OK morning bite if you want to go then?

If anyone wants to have a fun family weekend-

Attachments

• 14-lb-entry.pdf
    144.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 14-youth-entry.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 43
Back