Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

State of Reloading Market

Score! I found 1000 Federal 215 Match primers today. I use the regular ones but bought the Match's anyway. Gonna trade them maybe. mtmuiley

You may just need to neck down some 308 for the time being.

I really need to fish cj strike on July 15or16th to pre fish for the kids and ladys open tournaments on the 19 and 20th.
It should be an OK morning bite if you want to go then?

If anyone wants to have a fun family weekend-

Either day should work for me as long as we get it set a few weeks before so I can take it off.

Was finally able to capitalize on 3 lbs of H4350, and 3 lbs of Varget...so I should be set for the rest of the year for powder.

I'd love to understand the regional variations in powder supply. In CA I can get those two all day long (relatively speaking) but struggle to find any of the slower burning/magnum powders. I wonder if it is a distributor issue, or if it goes down to the local shops and what they tend to order.

I'd love to understand the regional variations in powder supply. In CA I can get those two all day long (relatively speaking) but struggle to find any of the slower burning/magnum powders. I wonder if it is a distributor issue, or if it goes down to the local shops and what they tend to order.

I know with the H4350 the shop I got it at has had it on order for months...and each time they get their order in, it wasn't on it. Finally this last time I had them put my name down to hold some if it actually did come in...and I got lucky. The Varget they were getting in pretty regular a few months back so each week I just picked up a 1 lb canister so I wasn't a hoarder, although they told me some people came in and would by them out...and that's why we never have any.

I think the H4350 came from Texas he said, you might be right though with the distributor theory.

The shop I visited last week was just the opposite. Lots of things like 7828 and MagPro, but not much in the way of fast to middle powders except R 17.

Anyone seeing any 7mm-08 brass out there...Winchester or Remington? 140gn Accubonds are scarce...I mean extinct too. I have plenty of 140gn BT's to practice with though...still like to work up some new loads.

Nosler brass is in stock on a few places but I dont know of any new WIN or REM brass. You might want to try searching out once fired.

I am shooting PRVI brass as that was all I could find 2 or 3 years ago and even that stuff is not available. I will probably switch to forming my own from 308 before next season.

FWIW I have primers that have been on backorder through Brownells for just over 2 years. I need to make the call since I can get primers locally for a few bucks more.

Christmas came a bit early here and I was able to score 8lbs of awesomeness. Large rifle/Magnum primers are the biggest drag right now, I'm down to about 150 magnum primers and am ready for some to show up.

I bought 5 boxes of Winchester 270WSM loaded ammo ,just so I could have the brass.

I'm stocked up good on primers, powder, and practice bullets...as I bought whatever I saw last year. Just the brass and actually hunting bullets.

I am just starting to reload for my 7mm and to say the least I never realized how much powder is. Its an investment to say the least. I was also told that some powders and primers are constantly being bought as soon as it shows up and then sold online for much more than its worth. At least I have a spot to start even if it was not with the exact powders and primers I wanted to get. Hopefully it will all be good in the end.

I am just starting to reload for my 7mm and to say the least I never realized how much powder is. Its an investment to say the least. I was also told that some powders and primers are constantly being bought as soon as it shows up and then sold online for much more than its worth. At least I have a spot to start even if it was not with the exact powders and primers I wanted to get. Hopefully it will all be good in the end.

You might try getting yourself on a list if it's a small town shop that carries stuff. I was able to do that with powder, and they called me when they got a shipment in.

Let's not even start about .22 LR...lol.

You might try getting yourself on a list if it's a small town shop that carries stuff. I was able to do that with powder, and they called me when they got a shipment in.

Let's not even start about .22 LR...lol.

This was Scheels in Billings, MT. As far from a small town shop as we have. lol. I understand the .22 part. I bought my wife a Sig Mosquito 4 years ago for our anniversary and its never been shot.

Anyone seeing any 7mm-08 brass out there...Winchester or Remington? 140gn Accubonds are scarce...I mean extinct too. I have plenty of 140gn BT's to practice with though...still like to work up some new loads.

Doing pretty well on the 7mm-08 brass, if you don't mind once/twice fired brass, I can send some your way. PM sent.

For while, it seemed like things were catching up. But its stalled now.

I still find a few goodies here and there. The hole-in-the-wall gun shops are the places to hit, especially in small towns. I've found some scarce stuff there in the past two years, like 7STW and .260 Rem brass.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back