PEAX Equipment

State of Reloading Market

Can Somebody Please clue me into where I can get some 7mm 140 Accubonds? A sample pack? Seconds? 5?

I don't know if they ship, But Gunnies in Orem, Utah has lots of reloading stuff. I was in there a week ago and they had CCI primers on sale for 28.99 per 1000, all sizes. they had at least 100 cases available. They had lots of powder in stock. I didn't see Retumbo or H1000, pretty much everything else. Lots of Hodgdon and IMR varieties. They had bullets in every caliber and I bought some 180gr 30cal partitions and some Berger 140gr 6.5mm.

If I was closer, I live 120 miles away, I would go buy what you need and ship it to you. There may be someone on here from Utah County that can check it out.

Can Somebody Please clue me into where I can get some 7mm 140 Accubonds? A sample pack? Seconds? 5?

I'll take a look at the local shop and if they have any I'll snag some. They had everything I needed for my 45-70 in stock and about 10% lower than online. Maybe I have some seconds stored away somewhere but they may be 160s.

Found one box of .277 140 gr accubonds yesterday at the co-op in Dillon. I was excited, cuz it looked like they had a big stack of Remington .22 bricks on the counter. When I looked closer it was bricks of .22 short......for $46

Dang, I am spoiled. No trouble getting anything in reloading supplies at the local gun shops here in WI. I like to make sure I will have what is needed long before any "shortage" and buy primers by the case and make sure I have a few thousand on hand. I vacuum seal the whole case and put them on a shelf. Some may get pissed and say I am a hoarder and am part of the problem but that is not the case when I have been keeping myself well stocked long before any shortage or mass shooting frenzy. I have been shooting long enough to have lived through a couple of these shortages and do not want to be finding myself not able to shoot when I want. The problem is those who buy mass quantities when poop hits the fan rather than when the times are good.

The problem is those who buy mass quantities when poop hits the fan rather than when the times are good.

Or those who buy with the intention of scalping it on the internet for 3X the retail price.

I've started an inventory of sorts now. Once I get it full, it will stay that way, and I'll be shooting at my regular rate next time the market goes crazy.

Or those who buy with the intention of scalping it on the internet for 3X the retail price.

I've started an inventory of sorts now. Once I get it full, it will stay that way, and I'll be shooting at my regular rate next time the market goes crazy.

Yep. At the gun club a year ago we had record numbers of new members and the range was empty, but I was there:D. Long ago I told the wife that ammo was as good or better than any other investment. Oh how I wish I bought a few more of those Norinco 7.63X39 1000 round cases for $80 when I had the chance:eek:

Where I am at, I only have one option (Scheels) and for the past 7-8 months or so, primers have not been difficult to find. Bullets are becoming more abundant. Powder still runs short. I never really made it out shooting last year, so I really havent loaded anything either. If I could have better luck with powders, I would start a supply to keep me loading through another panic.

For my reloading it has been powder that seems to be the limiting factor. I really like the ramshot line and haven't been able to find any. I only have about 1/2 lb of Hunter left. I do have a few pounds of H4350 that will work for the calibers, but would be nice to get a pound or 2 of Hunter or Magnum.

And for bullets, Shooters Pro Supply was a great find... like others said, CHECK DAILY. I got stocked up on bullets... got lucky and they had everything I wanted for all calibers.

Gunner already got his hands on some.

If anyone needs some 7mm 140 gr accubonds, let me know. I have 3 boxes and paid $30 a box for them, so that's what I am looking to get out of them. $5 to ship.

For my reloading it has been powder that seems to be the limiting factor. I really like the ramshot line and haven't been able to find any. I only have about 1/2 lb of Hunter left. I do have a few pounds of H4350 that will work for the calibers, but would be nice to get a pound or 2 of Hunter or Magnum.

And for bullets, Shooters Pro Supply was a great find... like others said, CHECK DAILY. I got stocked up on bullets... got lucky and they had everything I wanted for all calibers.

I think Ramshot had a fire at their factory or something. Might be a while until you see any again.

I think Ramshot had a fire at their factory or something. Might be a while until you see any again.

I talked to a Scheels guy about a month or so on what the deal with Ramshot was. He said he heard at the SHOT show it has something to do with the company that makes the powder overseas wanting a new, BIGGER contract. Not sure what that really means, but he said to not expect it any time soon--- and it may end up going through a different company than Ramshot.

I guess I didn't fully understand/listen to him as I began to pout pretty bad at that point on the bad news...Picked up a pound of Magpro for my conselation prize... plan on playing with it a little this summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burger hunter
Back