Spring Bear

highmountian

It's been 13 long years but my wife and I finially have drawn spring bear tags. I've put in for this hunt every spring and fall with no luck but wouldn't you know it, I have a blown disc in my lower back at the L4 n L5. Needless to say that I won't let it slow me don't to much but I will have to loose the 20lb I gained from not being able to move much. I start to excerise last week when I found out so with a little over a month, it's time to loose the weight and get in better shape. We hope to kill hers with a bow and long gun mine. Either way will be a blast and just wanting to wish everyone a happy spring and fair chase bear if you are going after the Bruins we love! I hope to have a few pictures to add when the hunt is over. Always hunt hard! FINALLY A TAG!!!

good luck!!!!I know all about blown discs,and the pain involved.Didn't realize it was that hard to draw a bear tag.Where are you hunting

I wish you luck and a speedy recovery. I know what back pain is like and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

4 years ago I suffered through months of debilitating lower back pain. Every year or so I would injure my back and then it would take longer every time to get back to normal. The last time I bought Treat your own Back by R.A. McKenzie, and Pain Free by Egosque (sp?). Treat your Back arrived at about 1400 and by 1500 I was able to walk pain free, bend over to tie my shoes pain free, and sit down for about 30 minutes pain free before I had to do the 5 minutes of exercises again - things I had not been able to do for about 4 months.

Pain Free is more of long term plan and I had a hard time accepting that what was in the book would help. But I am about 3.5 years back pain free so I am not second guessing. I don't worry about the next time I tweek it ruining an entire hunting season or waking up not able to get out of bed. Both books together might cost 20 bucks on Amazon.

Patrick

Last edited:
Mixedbag it's at 4.8% chance to draw a tag so I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Thanks everyone. Can't wait to get out and start looking around. Hoping my back holds up too and my wife doesn't leave me behind. :). I will try and post as the season go's on, hope to have a few pictures for you also.
PatrickK glad to hear about pain free, I Can't wait for that! Idfishnhunt good luck to you this season and I sure will try to post as it happens.

The best way to lose weight is to eat well. If you are eating the right amount you won't gain weight. That becomes even more important when you cannot exercise. I've had minor back issues, but I broke my leg a few years ago and spent 10 weeks laid up and I had my appendix out this past september and it almost cost me my whitetail season.

A healthy diet will keep you healthier, help you lower the weight (stress) on your back and will be lots easier on your body that running, sit-ups or carrying a pack around the neighborhood. I'd be happy to share some tips and give some personalized advice if you're interested. Its one of my many jobs.

Thats a tough tag to wait for, but if its the spot you want then its always worth the wait. Good luck and enjoy hunting with your wife. Nothing beats hunting with a great partner!

The wait is over

Sorry for not posting as it happened like I would like to of but flat been to busy. My 10 year old daughter draw a turkey tag so I've spent most my time help her get her turkey! That another story coming soon. My son Bryson and I meet a good friend Bo up for a day of bear hunting and what a day it turned out to be. Bo showed us 9 bears in about 4 hours. Unfortunately he had to leave for a birthday party while bryson and I tried for a really pretty blond colored bear. On our way to the bear that was over two miles away we killed a couple rattlesnakes. Snake and bear go hand in hand. Grrrrr, I don't like snakes and stepped right over a 12 rattle 40 plus inch snake, he never made a sound. So scary when your son screams snake and does the kangaroo hope to get away. Lol. I never know my son could move so fast! He couldn't even talk because he was following me after the first snake and I didn't even see the rattler. It was under a small ledge all coiled up. Bryson went to step over the ledge and yield till he made it to me. One of the biggest rattlers I've seen in idaho, yikes! That's when I looked up the canyon to see Titan. Mister Titan was walking across the top of the mountain on an afternoon stroll and I couldn't believe how big he was. I told Bryson to look and see for himself so he could learn how to just bears as I always do with elk, deer, cougar etc. that's when I heard "dad why don't you see if you can kill him"! Lol. Ok :). I let the 300 RUM nightforce sendero bark and Titan never even took a step. It was beyond belief! Again I heard "only you dad, only you". My heart melted and I was so blessed to have this experience with my son in gods country. Love him. It's a hunt I'll never ever forget!!!! Now it's time to try and get my wife out and fill her tag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 796
Wow! What a HOG! What the Heck has he been eating? Congratulations!

Wow...so apparently guys are only allowed to shoot monster spring bears this year...either that, or the 3 or 4 already reported have shamed everyone else into secrecy with their average bears.

Congrats on a beauty and good luck finding one for your wife!

Yeah, I suppose that would do... What a tank. Congrats.

That's awesome, so glad you were able to close on one after waiting so long to draw...and with your boy as well! Now you get to share a great experience with your wife too, sounds like hunts of a lifetime. Congrats.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back