Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Spot and Stalk Practice for a Beginner - What's the etiquette?

To the O.P. I applied for 15 years to get an archery elk tag in the Black Hills of South Dakota, on September 1st I saw a suspicious amount of people looking for elk. Over the month of September I passed on a couple cows, spikes and rag horns. Muffed a shot on a 5 point, and totally screwed the pooch on stalk for a monster. The point in trying to make is even though I had a significant amount of time and money invested I knew those elk weren’t mine, and anyone that wanted to see them could go and do so. I look, call and stalk elk whenever I want. Full disclosure I can call elk like a champ...until I have a tag in my pocket, then I go to hell. All those failures were my fault, not the loony loos.

Buy a small game tag, elk tag, bear tag, Sasquatch tag, go to the woods look for elk and tell any entitled asshole to go fu<k themselves if they hump your leg (which is unlikely because it’s not the Internet).

People don’t own elk, as much as someone from Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico or Idaho wants to think.

It’s cool that you want to learn, rather than build points, get a tag and have everyone chastise you for not having a plan.
Go look for elk.
Well if you're in the forest calling elk with a firearm, whether for small game or not the GW can have a serious talk with you about hunting elk without a license.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back