Caribou Gear Tarp

Sponsors drop AZSFW bill?

AZ402

Just saw a thread Amanda made (owner of coueswhitetail.com) that the sponsors have dropped out of this bill.

"I received word from Pete C that the bill sponsors have told him they are no longer going to push HB2072 or related legislation forward. Good news! I hope to hear an official announcement from AZSFW soon, but I don't know when that might happen."

Regardless, I think for the sportsmen who hunt Arizona, resident and Non-resident, need to keep a close eye on AZSFW.

we need them gone so they can no longer be a problem!

better to drop out than sufferer a humiliating defeat!

would not trust a single person as far as i can spit .
when creditability and trust are tossed aside in the name of $$$, it's over

we need to say good-bye and make sure they are forever done in AZ.

Last edited:
The heat is turned up and politicians don't like having the local TV stations and the newspaper in their face. Deer in the headlights. Pete had lied before and he is lying now. Keep the pressure on into the next legislative session. I am hoping them losing other groups who kept them funded like YVRGC, AES and RMEF will force them to dry up and go away.

Fool me once, shame on you --- fool me twice ...

What Pete says is one thing ... tomorrow's another day. Loved seeing him squirm while sitting right under the mic when Robbie Woodhouse (past AZ G&F commissioner) spoke at the March 22 meeting at G&F!!!

It's not really over until there's legislation preventing it ...

Politicians squirming is a very good thing in my opinion. Hold them accountable!

They'll likely lay low till the heat is off then try and sneak one through at a later date....don't get complacent AZ sportsmen

They'll likely lay low till the heat is off then try and sneak one through at a later date....don't get complacent AZ sportsmen

^ This one takes it. HB 2072 was effectively dead when Weiers (the original sponsor) dropped it. But the idea is far from dead and will likely see another incarnation. And another. As long as there are premo tags to be scooped up and people are funding lobbyists like Suzanne Gilstrap, there will always be a worry.

Crap, I'm starting to sound like those people who sell Fear in the name of anything that'll keep the money rolling in. As long as there's a significant value to those tags, there's going to be some slime ball looking to cash in on them. You can always tell something's a good idea when you tell someone to pack sand and they respond by telling you 'You just don't understand...'

I spent a long time and sipped my way through a lot of good Alabama muscadine wine reading through these posts and the ones on MM. This issue has become important to me but I thought I was beginning to waste too much time with it until I saw the news cast from AZ. That made every minute worth while, freaking hilarious.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back