Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sound Off - 100% Debt Free

Just the mortgage left for me. Wish the wife was as axious to pay that off as I am. But for now I'm content with no other debt.

Ya’ll jinxing yourselves! Or at least if I could say such a thing, I’d surely be jinxing myself.
Two years of medical deductibles, home mortgage, car payment here. Still going to Wyoming for mule deer, but damn things are tight. Probably won’t be a hunt for me next year.

If this sounds like sour grapes, it’s not. Jealousy? Maybe slightly, but it’s just life as a millennial. Congrats to all of you out there kicking butt! I’ll get there someday

Two years of medical deductibles,

Could always be worse. I've paid my deductible every year since 2005, and hopefully will every year for a long time.

I don't know how folks can afford kids. The daycare that some of my coworkers pay is just flabbergasting. It's definitely not an easy time in our history to start a family.

Right now, I'm just looking forward to not having an $800/month daycare bill

Dude, yeah. It sucks. Daycare costs are our second highest expense, just below our mortgage. My truck’s paid off. At least that’s something...

We're down to just our mortgage, but that's about to change. Time to trade in the 2006 Dodge for a newer 1/2 ton. Not looking forward to the payments, but hope to have it paid off in a year.

Congrats to all who are debt free. There's really no better feeling in the world.

My wife and I are 31. Currently have mortgages and HELOCs for primary house, duplex rental, and other investment property. Also one auto loan at 1.75%. Should be down to just mortgages by the time we are 35. We don't own as many guns and other toys as we would like but have saved/invested quite a bit to be above average for net worth at our age. No plans to pay extra on the mortgages, just save those extra payments in an account at Vanguard and once there is enough to pay the mortgage in full we can pay it off at that time if we decide to.

We're all but the house and that will be gone in 7 years with double principal payments every month. Vehicle next year is cash, next house is cash. Looking forward to being 43 and 40 with no mortgage payment.

Ive come to conclusion in this day and age. If you got kids, debt free is a mythical thing. How well does one manage it I guess is the way I have looked at it.

The ones I scratch my head on are the folks that barely work mid 30s or 40s got a 650k house, 2 new outfits in the garage, boats, sleds, camper, vacation home, take a big hunting trip every year.

I must be doing it all wrong I guess. But after mama gets outta school and into the med field things will be lookin pretty good🤑

Last edited:
Well I hate debt for personal assets so my wife and worked hard and had all our debt, including mortgage, paid off in our twenty's. I'm still amazed I came up with such a good plan and got it done haha but it worked for us and has provided a lot of financial freedom so I can hunt more and work less.

Last edited:
Taxes are the price you pay for living in a civilized country

Insurance sucks - agreed

Set me out on the Front & let the bears clean me up.

Civilized huh, when I retire you're going to have to pay for your sides's votes without my help....; )

Right now, I'm just looking forward to not having an $800/month daycare bill

I’m with ya. Two summers ago all three of my kids were in daycare. That was 2100 bucks a month. Just last month my middle kid started going to public school so there’s one left. It’s a countdown for sure.

To those who are debt-free, that’s pretty dang cool. I’ve got five years left on my student loans and all I’ll have left is a mortgage. Someday I would like to be in this club.

I’ll be debt free the day that I die but congrats to Gunner46 and the rest of you that are debt free. As long as my assets are worth more than I owe, I’ll continue to enjoy a day off and a cold IPA.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back