MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sound Off - 100% Debt Free

Gunner46

For the second time in my life I'm once again 100% debt free from the Ex, my bookie, the credit cards, the wheels.....EVERYONE !

Yes, I pulled some extreme overtime (13 months). Yes, I did not communicate well with friends & family. YES, my a$$ is tired!

SOOO, starting next week I am going to start taking VaCa days for the next couple/three months and letting all those other numb nuts put in 'their' time while I go trout fishing and chasing a Big A$$ Ohio whitetail ! ;)

Any one else out there in the same financial position ?

I'm working on it. We should be in the next 5 years. Getting burnt out on all my side contracts outside of the normal job but it will be worth it when (hopefully) I'm retired and can have a home here in Ohio and something out west, looking like New Mexico, were I'll live 5-6 months out of the year.

We're working on going debt free, but it will be a long road with my wife's med school loans to pay off...And, all the outdoor gear/tools I bought this year were paid for by selling off old gear and stuff we don't use around the house anymore, that's a good feeling too!

Last edited:
Been Debt free for quite awhile, But I'm about to go into an immense amount of debt when we buy a house here, my god its expensive. I cant imagine people who buy houses here in Bozeman and have any other debts to their name. Going to try and pay it off as fast as possible.

My wife and I are working towards being debt free. We actually sat down last night and looked at our incomes, expenses, and our debts. I cant wait to be debt free.

CONGRATS GUYS!! That has to be a better feeling than shooting a big buck?!?! well, maybe not. Anyway, I just have the home, hopefully 5 more years of that, but at 3% it makes more sense to not pay it off early and invest that extra $ , hopefully in something that makes 8%++....

I have been reading and listening to Dave Ramsey more the last few years and if you really want to dive in and get debt free fast take a look at committing to his "Financial Peace University" - I have implememnted some of his strategies and they have helped a lot. I just haven't dove in completely like I should have.

I could be debt free today if I just moved some money around, but I would be taking money out of investments making 6-7% to pay of a car loan at 1.9% and a mortgage at 3.5%. I know it doesn't make sense to do it, but it sure is tempting. In a year or so we will need to replace my wife's car and I think regardless of the interest rate they offer, I'm just going to pay for it in cash. The hassle of buying a car is bad enough. Then the hassle of shopping or negotiating a loan for the car is almost enough for me to just walk everywhere.

But congrats on setting a financial goal and achieving it. Keep up the good work.

Just a mortgage now, but a long way to go with that. Anyone want to rent a room in Laramie to help out?

Still have a mortgage, debt free otherwise. Can't wait to have the mortgage paid off, should be done in my mid-40s.

I have been reading and listening to Dave Ramsey more the last few years and if you really want to dive in and get debt free fast take a look at committing to his "Financial Peace University" - I have implememnted some of his strategies and they have helped a lot. I just haven't dove in completely like I should have.

We just started Financial Peace University a few weeks ago. We did it 6 years ago before getting married but we felt that we needed to revisit it as our lives have changed significantly. It's a little daunting but we're committed to getting back to debt free before the next big life change.

My wife will be a doctor in 3 years. Plan to be debt free except a mortgage in 5. Plan to have the mortgage paid off in 5 more.
After that I plan to save/invest more and naturally, spend more hunting
So far she agrees that she doesn’t want children. If that stays the same, I see the plan workable.

Back