Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Son's weekend

JEL

I am glad someone in our family is filling the freezer. This son of mine loves to hunt. The deer was his first kill without me with him(Cat/Griz game). He managed the gutting, hanging and skinning pretty darn well. The elk he got yesterday. Some fine eats hanging in the garage.

Attachments

• TateWT15.jpg
    TateWT15.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 651
  • Tateelk15.jpg
    Tateelk15.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 655
Well done! I'm looking forward to the day my two boys do it themselves from start to finish. Means I taught them well.

Congrats!! This has been bitter sweet to watch as my sons do more and more on their own and don't need Dads help anymore.

Chady, you got that right. I have three boys and this one is the youngest and will be off to college next fall. Gonna be tough on the old man..

It's kind of a bittersweet feeling to know that they can do it on their own. I suppose that we should be happy that we have taught them well. My oldest son has hunted on his own for whitetails the last two years he still makes some mistakes but his love and passion for hunting makes my heart happy, he is my best hunting pardner. My middle son still hunts with me, between the two of them I don't shoot as many deer as I used to. They can also be a big help as my oldest loves the prossesing part as much as the hunt and helps skin and cut up the deer, just tonight his knife slipped and he stabbed himself in the leg and had to go to the hospital and he said why does this always happen to me, i told him he needed to keep a sharper knife. All in all we as parents have a lot to be proud of. The Bible says "train up a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it".

These young/new hunter stories are always my favorite; this one being no exception. Congrats to your son.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back