Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sons first one with a bow

elkfarmer

The other day we were hunting and I had a front row seat to his first bow kill. He was in the stand 40 yards from mine and i watched him become a bowhunter. She was walking right to his stand, she went behind a tree and he drew. 3 more steps and I hear him grunt. she stops and looks up at him and the arrow is sent. I saw the deer laying dead while he was on the blood trail and i had to turn away (I couldn't let my son see me getting choked up) as I knew that today was the best day for me as a bowhunter. He did it picture perfect, by himself.

Attachments

• scottys doe.jpg
    scottys doe.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 251
That is awesome. I can't wait to do the same with my son. He is 5. Tell him congrats. Any animal with a bow is a trophy.

That is awesome and that is cool that you were able to watch the entire thing from a distance. Tell him Congratulations on a true bowhunting trophy!!!

Congrats. That's just how my first hunt went (except we were in separate ground blinds since my dad is afraid of heights). Hope y'all get the chance to drop a few more this year.

Congrats to your son, EF. I'm sure nobody has ever told you he looks just like you.

I recall a day just like yours, but I hugged my son, we both cried together, gave God the glory!

thanks everyone.

Oak, yea we get that alot, LOl

Gunner46, tradition in my house is that the tenderloins are cut out when the deer is hung soaked overnight and grilled. They never see the freezer...

Back