So it happens.....

As far as conflicting reports go, my guess is that the reporter twisted the story, they're highly skilled at changing the story.
I've been a taxidermist since I was 12 and many times young local journalist would ask if they could do a story about me. Sure, why not, free advertising. However, several times over the years they would misquote me and twist things to the point of embarrassment. One time my prankster brother started reading the story to me while laughing and I said "You liar, it doesn't say that" and he replied "I was going to make stuff up as I read but I didn't have to"
I quit doing interviews.

Last edited:
The "process" ended when the assailants got in their truck to leave. Plenty of time then to take a photo.
I was involved in a minor hit and run recently and with an older, PIN locked phone I was barely able to get a pic of his plate. If it wasn't for him getting caught in traffic there would've been no way. Also there was no way I was going to remember 8 random letters and numbers for long enough to pull off the road and write them down.

I was involved in a minor hit and run recently and with an older, PIN locked phone I was barely able to get a pic of his plate. If it wasn't for him getting caught in traffic there would've been no way. Also there was no way I was going to remember 8 random letters and numbers for long enough to pull off the road and write them down.
Something to keep in mind if something like this happens. Get a good description of vehicle and first three digits of the license plate. That's usually enough for cops to track it down. And call incident in ASAP before the perp has time to call in his vehicle as stolen. I have reported numerous drunk drivers with only that info and it worked.

There is a line of Colorado plates coming up here every weekend to ruin our great state. Campers, boats, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles, prius, etc... so it's year round.

The hunting, camping, fishing, etc much suck down there if they have to constantly drive up here to enjoy the outdoors.

I'm sure some are good people but for the most part the greenies have ruined places like Glendo, Gowdy, Snowies, etc. as every where you go those green plates show up.

There is a line of Colorado plates coming up here every weekend to ruin our great state. Campers, boats, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles, prius, etc... so it's year round.

The hunting, camping, fishing, etc much suck down there if they have to constantly drive up here to enjoy the outdoors.

I'm sure some are good people but for the most part the greenies have ruined places like Glendo, Gowdy, Snowies, etc. as every where you go those green plates show up.
When I was a teenager we used to drive to Wyoming for liquor

Be careful suggesting there is more to the story. This is written by a reporter, not by the people that were in the altercation. I am sure there are facts left out, but to say that "there is more to the story" implies the the victims somehow were at fault and the reader has NO BASIS for that assertion. How would you like to be a family member of the victim and read that interpretation of some reporter's story?

Back