So it happens.....

2rocky

Hang on. That sounds like a different incident- "while cleaning an elk" vs. the Father/Son who were driving a UTV without an elk. So did these two just go on a rampage beating up anybody they came across?

All this over a stupid cow elk. Who cares? Go shoot another one. Gees. Years ago my Lab picked up a lung shot goose that dropped out in front of me. Some other guys two fields over shot it. I just set it separate from mine and planned to take it over once the geese stopped flying. Nope. Here comes one of the yahoo's running and screaming I'm stealing his goose. He gets to me, spooking a big bunch about to come into my decoys, still spewing obscenities. I explain that I was waiting for things to settle down and reached for it. "Not mine! I shot the banded one." Oh for crying out loud! "I shoot a lot of banded geese and it means nothing to me. I don't dangle that shiny shit on my call lanyard. Anybody that ASKED me for a band would probably get it. The only thing you are asking for is to get your ass kicked! Take your gawdam bird and get out of here. Enjoy the rest of your hunt because I know the property owner and it will be your last one on this place." And it was. He threatened to bring his buddies back and get that banded honker. "Well, it will be the three of you against me and these two black dogs. Won't be fair fight I can assure you." Punk refused to take his goose which really pissed me off. Meant one less goose I could shoot that morning. They packed up and left.

This is why there's never any booze in my hunting camp. Up here open container while hunting and you'll lose your license to hunt, drive, AND possess firearms.

Last edited:
Victim blaming?
No. But I'm thinking there's more to the story. Like maybe how much were they drinking. How could they see the plates were from Colorado but not get the number? Who goes in the field without a cell phone? Does anyone even make a cell phone that doesn't have a camera? Why didn't one of them snap a photo of the vehicle and plates? Something doesn't add up.

No. But I'm thinking there's more to the story. Like maybe how much were they drinking. How could they see the plates were from Colorado but not get the number? Who goes in the field without a cell phone? Does anyone even make a cell phone that doesn't have a camera? Why didn't one of them snap a photo of the vehicle and plates? Something doesn't add up.
Sounds like the answer to most of those questions is that they were in the process of getting the crap beat out of them.

Sounds like the answer to most of those questions is that they were in the process of getting the crap beat out of them.
The "process" ended when the assailants got in their truck to leave. Plenty of time then to take a photo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back