Hem
Well-known member
Construction guys always joke about the orange vest option.Will you be found one day a week working the bathroom fixture aisle at Home Depot?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Construction guys always joke about the orange vest option.Will you be found one day a week working the bathroom fixture aisle at Home Depot?
I'm gonna get a part time gig at Scheels and sell Creedmoors and PRC's with Vortex scopes to everyone. And spiral fluted barrels. And a box of match bullet ammo. Gonna be great. mtmuleyConstruction guys always joke about the orange vest option.
Awesome! You're young enough so you've got a lot of years ahead of you for new hunting adventures.57 years 10 months
The institutional knowledge lost from our public conservation agencies in the last 20 years is phenomenal. Before his retirement, my previous boss tried to pass as much of it as possible but I still find myself reaching out to him and other retirees because it is just easier to call and ask them rather rummage through a file cabinet because the work they did 30 years ago is not digitalized.Congrats Buzz. Losing the vast experience of us old guys is a blow to many employers. The FS is losing a lot.
I concur with the others. Stay busy. I doubt you will have a problem with that.![]()
When you wear out your Attack pants please consider cutting the legs off of them to wear as shorts to your part time gig. It gets hot in those stores.I'm gonna get a part time gig at Scheels and sell Creedmoors and PRC's with Vortex scopes to everyone. And spiral fluted barrels. And a box of match bullet ammo. Gonna be great. mtmuley
A heartfelt congratulations on a fine career Buzz - you have my respect and thanks for your public service. Best Wishes for the future...Well today is my last day with the FS.
You are a better public servant than me.Fair question.
As to the year...tough one. My original plan was to retire at 60. Then came trump2.0 and his south african side kick. I was in the perfect place to take the DRP, and I really wanted to take it.
However, with the clown show of the new administration, I saw Union Membership sky rocket. The local that I was President of the past decade, saw astronomical growth. So, high we were given an award by NFFE.
I knew I had to stay a couple more years at that point. I was being entrusted to help a workforce and represent them best I could through a blatant and illegal attack on the Federal workforce.
Along with my day job, i did a lot of work trying my best to help coworkers navigate the lowest points in many of their careers. Undoubtedly the toughest 2 years for me personally at my Union role. Lots of long phone calls with anxious coworkers, most of them after tough days in the field.
The Union has been successful in thwarting a bunch of this administration's bullshit.
So wirh everything in good order at work...and the offer of VSIP/VERA, the table was set for me.
Been financially set for 5 years...my one recommendation here: PAY YOURSELF FIRST.
When you prepare correctly, the timing becomes a bit easier.
Who would steal 30 bagged lunches?Congrats on joining the club.
A fun part time gig that is available only when you want to do it is school bus driving.
I do it for school athletics and some field trips. NO Daily route crap…
Gives me something to do and get paid to watch kids play sports. You get to meet some great kids and share a bit of life knowledge with them. I take one maybe two a week. Gives me slush fund cash, as well.
If I don’t feel like it or am hunting, I simply don’t volunteer for any.