So, how is the retirement gig?

Congrats!
Boat launches during the week are empty.
Public land is big deal. Hunt Wed-Thurs and critters are calmed down.
Rifle ranges empty.
The list is endless!!!

The one piece of advice I have is do as many hunts as you can while you have good health. Health issues can appear without notice. 🙋‍♂️
 
Congratulations, Buzz. I'd tell you to enjoy it, but you just will. I'm probably 2-3 years out myself on the heavy lifting work phase, then I'm imagining just working in a fly shop for a few years before I peace out.

Thanks for doing the work most of us all theorize about (at length).
 
@BuzzH , Congratulations on your retirement and thank you for your public service.


Congrats Buzz. Losing the vast experience of us old guys is a blow to many employers. The FS is losing a lot.
I concur with the others. Stay busy. I doubt you will have a problem with that. ;)
The institutional knowledge lost from our public conservation agencies in the last 20 years is phenomenal. Before his retirement, my previous boss tried to pass as much of it as possible but I still find myself reaching out to him and other retirees because it is just easier to call and ask them rather rummage through a file cabinet because the work they did 30 years ago is not digitalized.

I'm gonna get a part time gig at Scheels and sell Creedmoors and PRC's with Vortex scopes to everyone. And spiral fluted barrels. And a box of match bullet ammo. Gonna be great. mtmuley
When you wear out your Attack pants please consider cutting the legs off of them to wear as shorts to your part time gig. It gets hot in those stores.
 
Congratulations! I can see the light at the end of my tunnel, so you'll have to keep us all informed of the do's and do not's.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,142
Messages
2,251,185
Members
39,100
Latest member
chefavd22
Back
Top