MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Snow in Sierra's

Just got up to pee and heard rain. Just got the smoker unplugged and covered.
It was maybe going to drizzle later Sat afternoon.

SIL sent a picture of their little creek up to the bank tops going around the house in CA.

Video of the Tule River over the banks and about to take out the 190 bridge.

It's pouring now. No dump run today.

395 has been closed in places. Near Bishop.
Rain has started to undermine the hwy, under the snow...

We're getting a little break right now. We have a few minor slides as of yesterday afternoon. I'll do a recon later this morning. There's another big break away on the county road a few miles north of us. The county kept our main road closed for 7 weeks the first go round. If this one drops out anymore there's no telling when it will get repaired.1677900354491_IMG_20230303_170111.jpg

NV highway 95 near Hawthorn next to Walker lake yesterday.
View attachment 268028
Nothing a broom and a dust pan couldn't take care of. Be happy it's not CA where they would need environmental reports and biological reports to relocate the gophers. Then they would need permits and compaction testing wherever the EPA studies allowed them to dump the dirt. Of course they would need FEMA funding commitment before starting the engineering phase. Only then would they start accepting bids from whatever company can do the job with the least carbon footprint.

Haven't seen sheep ther for 5yrs. Been seeing a lot at USA pkwy/ electric Ave, and along the truckee from USA pkwy to derby dam.
There's a lot of them in that canyon for sure. My in-laws used to have a house in Lockwood and the chukars were thick on the south-side cliffs.

That is a lot of shoveling, and then when you rake off the roof, have to do it again:(
I didn’t get on the roof, to dangerous, after working on both porches, the upper had a layer of ice underneath the snow.

I have been watching this via a YT channel and it's amazing the amount of snow and when that stuff melts....It's gunna be just as interesting to see.

Back