Snow in Sierra's

Mammoth will hit 1000" this week.
Tamarack lodge is buried. Knew the old owners and worked on some of the old cabins.
The Central Sierra Snow Lab is up on Whitebark above Badger pass.
Avalanches closing 395.

It snows until May in the Sierra's.

Mammoth summit just hit the 800” mark.

How long does it take for 800" of snow to melt? Is it possible (probable?) that it doesn't all melt before next snow season? at 8" a day, that is 100 days! Wow, that puts it into perspective for me.

How long does it take for 800" of snow to melt? Is it possible (probable?) that it doesn't all melt before next snow season? at 8" a day, that is 100 days! Wow, that puts it into perspective for me.
I know right, I'm very interested to see the reports over the summer to see what happens to all the snow.

We are under a flood advisory in Northern Nevada and will be until at least the middle of June. They are expecting Lahontan Reservoir to be filled at least 3 times over this year, they have already released something like a 3rd of the water from it already in perpetration.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back