Small 4x4 truck with best fuel economy?

But those dont have messaging heated and cooled seats!!

For some reason guys spend money on trucks like women spend money on a wedding. All common sense and constraint are thrown out the window. Do guys realize they could retire years and years earlier if the bought a reasonably priced truck and invested the rest?
Last truck I bought the sales guy said" oh you want a stripped down model?" I didn't think so my only requirements were heated mirrors, bucket seats, and power windows and locks. Apparently if you don't have a/c seats and a heated steering wheel it's junk. What a bunch of useless shit thats gonna break imo.

Last truck I bought the sales guy said" oh you want a stripped down model?" I didn't think so my only requirements were heated mirrors, bucket seats, and power windows and locks. Apparently if you don't have a/c seats and a heated steering wheel it's junk. What a bunch of useless shit thats gonna break imo.
My 2003 silverado had manual crank windows and manual locks. Extended cab 4x4 and paid $25k new. Man have times changed. I will admit I love the back up camera because i'm usually hooking up to stuff by myself. Will also admit I will never own a car/truck that doesn't have cruise control. Like you said, alot of that stuff I don't want because I don't want to be at the mercy of the stealership to fix or giving up my weekends working on it.

I hunted for years out of my 92 Chevy Cavalier and then my 06 Subaru Impreza after that. You CAN do it, but permanent blood stains in the back seat and sheared off oil pan bolts from driving on FS 2-tracks do tend to beat them up. I now drive a 2017 F250 XL Crew Cab Work Truck Package now that I bought for $37k new. There's no comparison between them...especially when you get 15 inches of snow dumped on you overnight during your elk hunt. I don't need to tow a boat all the time or have the bed fully loaded to justify the truck. It gives you independence that you wouldn't have otherwise. I'll be picking up a rock bucket for my skid steer this weekend, and I won't have to beg/borrow somebody else's pickup.

Funny the anti truck guys here. Probably don't like Ar15-s either. mtmuley
I only have pick up trucks and I hate ar's. Worst weapon ever, M-16. IMHO

Small truck, best, an old Ford Ranger with the English Ford engine or a old Toyota 4x4 with the 4 . Maybe a Hilux if you can find one.
Til then my 98 Tacoma and 01 F150 will do. er have to.

Funny. Most of the guys that show up to the range with their AR, 5.11 backpack, and kneepads show up in sedans and crossovers. Maybe they can't afford a truck after accessorizing.
The Boss took the PU to drop off the kids and haul horses or pick up feed. Or she said so.

But those dont have messaging heated and cooled seats!!

For some reason guys spend money on trucks like women spend money on a wedding. All common sense and constraint are thrown out the window. Do guys realize they could retire years and years earlier if the bought a reasonably priced truck and invested the rest?

Dude I just learned yesterday from a banking friend of mine that a lot of people take equity out of their houses to go on vacation.

of course they want that 80k pickup.

Dude I just learned yesterday from a banking friend of mine that a lot of people take equity out of their houses to go on vacation.

of course they want that 80k pickup.
I wish you were joking, but I'm 100% sure you are serious.

Didn't know that was even a thing honestly... Using your equity for a vacation (n)(n)(n)

Reactions: KB_
The subalose losstrek is the official vehicle of super skinny, private school elitists who won’t let strangers pet their dog, white collar Will.
💥 💥 💥
More F-150s are sold than any other vehicle, the top 3 or 4 best selling vehicles are also trucks.
14% of American's live in census designated rural areas, meaning the majority of trucks aren't towing/hauling/ or driving rough two tracks, and are purely an identity accessory.

Driving a crosstrek versus a F-150 King ranch style vehicle over the course of your life (40 years) between MSRP, gas, and maintenance probably costs you an extra $100,000 to $150,000... if you factor in the opportunity cost of investing that money way more.

That's a lot of NR hunting trips. Hence why our friendly Neighborhood CPA doesn't use one for his personal vehicle, uses them through his company and depreciates them every year on taxes.

From the OPs list of activities sounds like he should get a truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back