MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

I'm a Ford Guy!

There is certainly an engine in there. A rather good one.

I was on the phone yesterday with the service manager about a tire that failed (3500 miles), and so I asked him - He had no clue whatsoever. Not even a hint.

Anyone here a tow truck driver? Those are the guys that know.
My guess is they would drag it up on a roll-back and let someone else figure out how to get it off.

Watch these guys struggle to move their Hummer EV when it stopped in traffic. They couldn't even open the trunk. Total nightmare!

Hey Ford Guys. Any of you got a clue on how to move one if the battery is dead or the car simply will not start? This is not a trivial question for a 2023 - which does not come with a physical manual, btw. If you wait until you need to know, you may be SOL.
Top off the transmission fluid.

I owned a Toyota

Once.

Drove it backwards for 30 miles in the UP one winter when it stuck in reverse.
My 1st is still going I hear. I sold it with 565K on it. 82 4x4. My currant Tacoma is 20 years old and 335k on it and runs great.

My 2 65 Fords defied odds and ran forever. My 2001 has 190k and runs great. Needs some work on suspension soon. NM roads.

I've only ever bought Fords for myself and my wife. I just counted 17 that I could think of, including the one I have on order.

I've never been stranded, ever, and the most work I've ever had done was a thermostat housing I had replaced on a 2005 Explorer Sport Trac that was around 13 years old at the time.

I guess I had a small coolant leak on a 2019 Ranger that had less than 100 miles on it, but that was a fluke and a quick fix.

With that said, if I was to buy an EV today, it would probably be a Rivian.

The vehicle I really want isn't sold in the USA... the Ford Everest. It's an SUV built on the T6 platform of the Bronco and Ranger

1685713668911.jpg

Have never had any major issues with Ford, they were my 80-90's choice, all gas, all half ton, switched to Dodge (same fuel same weight) in the 2000's, a short stint with a Yukon in 2016, back to GMC trucks (a 3/4 ton diesel) in '18...the most problems I've had was a '19 half ton GMC gasser but they were warranty solved.

I'm still with em in another 3/4 diesel.

You can mitigate mechanical inconvenience but it's gonna happen...no matter who you're free advertising for.

My 1st is still going I hear. I sold it with 565K on it. 82 4x4. My currant Tacoma is 20 years old and 335k on it and runs great.

My 2 65 Fords defied odds and ran forever. My 2001 has 190k and runs great. Needs some work on suspension soon. NM roads.
I've had good luck with Toyotas also, I currently drive an old 2WD Tacoma, and I might get another newer Tacoma, but I will never buy a new truck again.

I found out recently that the county in California I'm going to retire to doesn't require smog check with vehicle registration. So that could inspire another daily driver. I have a '46 Chevy pickup I've been planning for my retirement though....

1946-chevy-pickup.jpg

2012 Toyota Tundra Platinum gave way to a 2016 Tundra 1794 4x4. 89k on the clock…Pre-covid I did a lot more driving…now? It gets 4 months of hunting season and random trips to Home Depot.

It’s a truck. It does truck things. I am grateful for that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back