PEAX Equipment

Small 4x4 truck with best fuel economy?

More F-150s are sold than any other vehicle, the top 3 or 4 best selling vehicles are also trucks.
14% of American's live in census designated rural areas, meaning the majority of trucks aren't towing/hauling/ or driving rough two tracks, and are purely an identity accessory.

Driving a crosstrek versus a F-150 King ranch style vehicle over the course of your life (40 years) between MSRP, gas, and maintenance probably costs you an extra $100,000 to $150,000... if you factor in the opportunity cost of investing that money way more.

That's a lot of NR hunting trips. Hence why our friendly Neighborhood CPA doesn't use one for his personal vehicle, uses them through his company and depreciates them every year on taxes.

From the OPs list of activities sounds like he should get a truck.
Objection.
Speculation.

another bonus of a small 4x4 truck would be using it to drive on the lake in the winter. I wait for 13"+ to drive my diesel. I bet a ford ranger or tacoma doesn't weigh all that much more than the fancy 4 seater Side by sides that are all decked out for $40k, that drive on 8-10"of ice and I can drive the truck TO the lake, not have to tow it there to use it.

You've never had to haul and plant a grand worth of spring flowers every damn early spring...and it shows. ;)
first world problems , lol.

It would be interesting to know how many days a year the average pickup owner uses the bed or tows something. I'd guess the average is less than 5.

It would be interesting to know how many days a year the average pickup owner uses the bed or tows something. I'd guess the average is less than 5.
I use the bed a lot...more during hunting seasons and elk trips. Quite a bit hot-shotting incidentals to construction sites. Driving a car to a site in our business'll get ya nicknamed a jellybean pronto.

A locking cover makes a pretty handy trunk for traveling also.

na, I doubt thats right. People that own trucks tend to put stuff in the bed even if they dont need to lol. I use my truck a lot for truck needs, but its forsure way more truck then I need if I'm being honest.

another bonus of a small 4x4 truck would be using it to drive on the lake in the winter. I wait for 13"+ to drive my diesel. I bet a ford ranger or tacoma doesn't weigh all that much more than the fancy 4 seater Side by sides that are all decked out for $40k, that drive on 8-10"of ice and I can drive the truck TO the lake, not have to tow it there to use it.
My aunt has a Nissan hardbody that's in great condition with like ~120k . She drives it a couple of times a week to run errands. I have my name on it, when she decides to get rid of it.

Basically the same thinking, it's essentially a side by side that can drive on pavement.

I use the bed a lot...more during hunting seasons and elk trips. Quite a bit hot-shotting incidentals to construction sites. Driving a car to a site in our business'll get ya nicknamed a jellybean pronto.

Contractors and farmers are the folks who seem to use their trucks the most overall.

I love the shell with a re-enforced frame and a rack. Locks, waterproof, no see inside protection. Camper bonus.IMG_0014 (4).JPG

I’m always blown away by the vitriol people have for Subarus.

Sent from my yacht
It’s just so annoying when you Beta bros get together and are all like
(cracks open a round of la croix’s)
“Like omg boyfriends, just because our paychecks don’t depend on the weather and the clock doesn’t mean that we’re afraid to sweat a little bit and get it done!!!”
It reminds me of when your sisters all team up to mow the grass or paint a room in the house or something.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back