Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sight Fishing

Delw

Wow what a blast. these last three weeks was the first I have ever done it. We caught one 9 times in 1 hour. I really shouldnt say we I caught him 1 and my daughter caught him 8 times the I decided to leave, and try for another fish hehe. She was wacking him on the head with a four inch lizzard when he wouldnt bite.

Delw

Delw....The only way I fish. I don't like to fish I like to catch them. I put the stalk on the fish when I see them and cast til they bite alot more fun that way at least to me.
Chris

sight fishing has never been my best method. I do like flipping in real tight cover where it is not uncommon to catch Bass directly under the boat.

delw was it a small male bass ??? they are notorious for that kinda stuff!!! big females like to just move the bait instead of taking it! sounds like a little buck protecting the bed! sight fishing for bass here is tough due to poor water clarity but, our intercoastal fishing has alot of sight fishing opportunities.

ShaneFl, shurley youve caught some of them big reds tailing in the shallows?? in the lagoon them and trout ! we flyfish for them and seeing them prior to the cast is a must! lots of fun!

delw, have you ever tried "FLIPPIN" like shane said, man is that a rush when ya get monster hit right at the boat! it amazing how you can get right up on them big fish and they dont spook! :cool:

yes it was a male bass that kept on biting over an over. we found to catchthe female we dont put noing on the jig head that way when she bites(or tries to move the bait) she has but no choise to pick it up.

Flipping is the ultimate, 10 months out of the year thats all I do, I flip lizzards in to bushes tree's on the bank etc. you guys wantto have some real fun flipping try this

find a bank(where it drops 1-2 feet) that you can flip your bait right on the waters edge. flip a lizzard up so it is setting half way in the water. then jig the pole a few times and wait a min or 2 and do it again. Ive had 5lbs grab the bait right off the bank 100's of times. I belive they think its a lizzard drinking out of the lake. *" lizzards work good for big bass but you catch less bass that way.

Delw

DKO I have caught several Reds by chaseing them down.trout on the other hand is a bit more difficult to site fish for.But when the Water is calm and clear you ca see them laying in the eel grass and if you can get the right bait they will hit.

BTW Walmart in Apopka has Rapala Risto Raps,Skeeter pops and a few others of all different sizes for $1.98,I had to buy a few more. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back