Short Hunt this morning

Nemont

My 13 year old daughter, her little brother and I left the ranch house at 7:00 this morning. We get to a big coulee behind the ranch house and leave the pickup. We walk about 30 steps and see 5 deer. One little buck and My daughter decides to take him. Not very big but she is happy with it. We are pressed for time to hunt with her between basketball, dance etc.
One shot at 85 yards and our tags were filled, total elapsed time 22 minutes. As we walked to the buck we found the muley skull my son is holding. Must have been a gut shot buck that somebody couldn't recover. To bad as it had great mass.

PB190234.jpg

Nemont

Nice work by your daughter. Tell her congrats. How is her hoops going?

A busy hoops season does limit the opportunities to hunt.

Congrats to her, again.

EG,
Hoops are going good. First three games score was 72-8, 28-6 and 34-12. She has worked her way into the starting line up. She is also a 4.0 student while taking advanced math and advanced science. She got the smarts from the wife.

Nemont

Nemont,
Congrats to daughter and dad.
YOur story sound just like mine and EG's........hoops, practice etc. Sure is pleasing that we can make time to get these kids out.
Your daughters team scores sound much like Emily's team scores this year.
Keep them busy and expose them to the outdoors and the odds of any trouble finding them is minimized!!!
Congrats again,
WD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back