Sheep pict thread

scan0035.jpg

Late winter rams in Yellowstone Park...

Dink,
I hate you so badly. Words cannot describe how badly I dislike you after you post AK pics. BTW buddy found a dinosaur of a shed today.

Breakrunner,
We need to give you your own forum and just let you tell stories. Please post more photos.

Call that thread "It's the breaks"

liking the italian leather driving glove look on Luhon.

Last edited:
scan0048.jpg

This ram is a "pickup" and was found in Beaverhead County, Montana in 1992....a real giant scoring 203 5/8". It layed out in the elements for at least a year. Probably 207 to 210 when it was alive. It is on display at region 3 headquarters in Bozeman.

199bighornantelope09015.jpg

Thats funny Kurt....

Holding up the ram that Big Fin found dead in the breaks last October....I put a quick tape on this one and came up with 199".....real shame this one wont be on a hunters wall....8 year old ram.

Those are some whopper sheep horns. I hope someday I draw, but I'm not holding my breath.

Which side of electric peak is that sheep picture on? I videoed a nice ram in the Cinnabar about 12 years ago, very long and pretty unbroomed horns, lacked mass, maybe in the 170 range.

Pat I think I lost my mullet about 2 years before that picture of yours. We all had 'em.. they were cool.

Not only a sweet mulett but the "stone/acid washed" jeans were a necessity back then. I think I still have a pair in the drawer:D

BTW Pat what do you think that poached ram scored from this year?

Last edited:
Kurt, Those rams were straight east of Electric...if you dropped off in the direction they were looking you would run into the Gardner river and highway going to Mammoth. I took that picture in December 1978...Electric is the highest point in Yellowstone Park....10,992 ft.

Lawnboy, I ran a fast tape job on that ram and came up with 199". He was 41"X 17" and pretty even all the way through...

Waiting for the official net on this one. FWP has him. He was 11 years old and seemed as big as any we had seen.....dead or alive.
IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG

Here's a Montana Big Horn from 1993

1993BigHornRam.jpg

I named this ram lucky right before his luck ran out. I was holding out for a better one that I knew lived in the district. I killed him on the Last Wednesday before season closed. 182 6/8" The bigger one showed 2 days later. Still a great ram.

Forgive the hat ridding high on my head. Most hats I wear do that. It was a self timed picture.

Heres a few more pictures I've taken of some sheep.

This one is an area in Wyoming that only has tags every once in a while. Not many sheep in there and the ones that are there dont get very big. But, not a bad photo.

wybighorn.jpg

A few others from Montana:

IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

I have about zilcho time spent with sheep, but have been on 2 hunts in SW Montana, just briefly. First one, my friend Bryan had a permit. I photographed this one on the first day he hunted, and he passed on it. He ended up taking a really nice ram, 190" a few days later while I was elk hunting elsewhere.

My friend Ryan and I spotted this ram and several others from the gas station parking lot, in town, with a window mount and spotter. We were nursing hangovers and drinking coffee, and eating donuts. Isn't that how all sheep hunts start out?
4X6BulletHoleRam1.jpg

BryansSheepHuntingCrew.jpg

06BryansSheep2.jpg

bryansRam.jpg

Last edited:
A few pics from earlier this year.

Woops, I double one up...my bad.

Attachments

• 7compress.jpg
    7compress.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG_4010compress.jpg
    IMG_4010compress.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,232
  • IMG_4023compress.jpg
    IMG_4023compress.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,155
  • IMG_4039compress.jpg
    IMG_4039compress.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,151
Second time I went hunting, same area. Another very good friend drew. I took my son and we only spent a day over there looking in September. My friend Kevin is a bowhunter, doesn't own a rifle, and wanted to arrow his ram. After several weeks and trips to the unit, he finally connected with a bullseye shot from about 40 yards in high winds. The sheep went about 30-40 yards and died, all of it was caught on video by another friend of Kevin's. It's pretty awesome to watch. you'll never see such an excited hunter. Biggest regret I have this year is skipping opening day of deer hunting, when I should have been along with Kevin, watching him take a B&C ram with his bow.
Campfire.jpg

lookingatsheep.jpg

16559_1296683177069_1230052343_1765585_4230595_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roanwerks
Back