Sh*t our wives do...

Me: Why is this on the table?
Her: it’s my______

Me: are you heading to bed?
Her: it’s (insert time)

Giving non answers or Not giving simple answers to simple questions drives me nuts. I think it’s because I spend all day working with engineers that couldn’t answer a question directly if their lives were on the line.

My agitation at this is probably a bigger negative if me as her not answering questions with answers is of her.

My wife has this adorable expectation that vehicles, appliances and other mechanical things will never break and then is also floored by how much they cost to maintain and fix. On big projects I have taken to proving my worth by having her get a quote from a pro before I fix it.

She supervises. But she has learned that things on her wish list miraculously get done when she's not around. I have offered her use of my tools and grabbed a beer more then once.

She also has a sharp eye so some things I get set up first and then get her to sign off on before making permanent.

She bought own small tool kit, it has the cutest little hammer, but it never seems to get used.

When the chips are down I have walked her through more then one repair over the phone. She is capable but when she has me why bother.

She runs the money, pays the bills, tells me where I need to be for kids and family stuff and all the other things it takes to keep daily life going. She also checks with me before scheduling anything Sept - Jan 10th. She's a keeper.

Giving non answers or Not giving simple answers to simple questions drives me nuts. I think it’s because I spend all day working with engineers that couldn’t answer a question directly if their lives were on the line.

My agitation at this is probably a bigger negative if me as her not answering questions with answers is of her.
That sounds a lot like a whole bunch of our Democrat and Republican senators and representatives.

That's just because you married someone whose brain functions that way, my wife is a doctor and is the same way, I call it "Science Brain."

This morning...
Me: I'll drive Emma to school
Her: She's already in my car
Me: Ok, I'll take your car...
Her: But she's already in my car
Me: Ummm, okaaaay, drive safe?

Her: I bought non-grain pasta noodles to try instead of the regular kind, and Im not eating bread right now, I'm cutting down on carbs as part of my workout program.
Me, later: You're having a beer and a handful of chocolate chips for dessert?
Her: What? I like them...
Me: I love you

But I'm sure I do things she thinks are ridiculous too, like restacking my ammo on a near weekly basis to make sure it's all still there and walking around the property with my new axe (you never know when it might come in handy).

Last edited:
Yesterday I came home and found MY hammer on my nightstand. It was in the garage last I used it. Don't know if she hung something or was planning on getting rid of me last night and she had second thoughts, but I'm still here so there's that.

Yesterday I came home and found MY hammer on my nightstand. It was in the garage last I used it. Don't know if she hung something or was planning on getting rid of me last night and she had second thoughts, but I'm still here so there's that.

My money says there's something YOU are supposed to hang and are forgetting about :ROFLMAO:

I think since being married I have dabbled in almost any contractor category known. I'm not fully complaining though its nice to get some knowledge from the project and have a sense of appreciation on the completed project even though during said project I am also very good at making up new curse words and phrases.

A new home owner should be open to trying lots of handy man categories it'll save you a shitload of dough.

Unfortunately it opens the "well since you did such a great job" door...

YouTube is your friend
Agree 100%. More dough saved equals more hunting trips.

Replace it with a Kimber Micro 9

I was reading this thread the other day and wondering whether or not my girlfriend has done anything lately to qualify for an honorary spot in here, seeing as how she isn't technically my wife.. Luckily she punched her ticket today. Came inside from yard working today to a big dinner of hamburgers and French fries. The fries were great! She cooked in the oven on my new cast iron pizza stone... that hasn't been seasoned yet. But no worries... they were freezer aisle fries, Rally's brand no less, so when the thawing action took place I'm sure the water seasoned it up real nice. Lots of cool orange spots all over it now, too.

My wife was flying out last Thursday to go to Phoenix to see her parents. Dad's not doing very well. She started packing for this Thursday leave date on Sunday prior to leaving. That's 4 days! How much is there to pack.

She's packing and cannot find her favorite white skirt that she just loves. She spent hours going through every room, closet, and dresser looking for this skirt and COULD NOT FIND IT!

I think it was a week ago last Tuesday that she was in bed sleeping when she had a dream. She was sleeping downstairs and me up because I have had 3 shoulder surgeries on my left shoulder in the last 8 months and on March 25 I go in to have surgery on the right shoulder. My right shoulder is hurting more than my left shoulder now. Lets say that sleep has not come very easily and if I wiggle and toss and turn then she doesn't sleep. Do not kick a sleeping bear. (her - I can go without sleeping even though it sucks.)

Prior to this dream she had relented to the fact that she probably accidentally put her skirt in the box or boxes of clothing being purged and it went to the Goodwill Store. She was very upset. So she has this dream and she wakes up at the end and in this dream she remembers packing this skirt in a box and storing it somewhere. So at 3:30 in the morning she is down stairs going through things store in boxes, closets, under beds looking for the skirt. No luck after a lengthy search. My lovely bride is able to eventually fall asleep again and about an hour later has another dream. In this dream she has placed the skirt in with some other clothing in one of those large short in height plastic storage totes. She dreams that she had slid this under the bed in our room. I'm gone from the house by the time she gets moving but when she wakes up she hurries upstairs and looks under our bed. She pulls out this plastic tote and in it is this white skirt.

Wooooo. I'm tired just telling the story. She had to tell me all of this and to preface it she said that she thinks she is going crazy. I was laughing the whole time she was telling me the story and could not hold it together. Brave or foolish I'm not sure but she took it well, I told her that it was a short drive to crazy town!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back