Sh*t our wives do...

I was reading this thread the other day and wondering whether or not my girlfriend has done anything lately to qualify for an honorary spot in here, seeing as how she isn't technically my wife.. Luckily she punched her ticket today. Came inside from yard working today to a big dinner of hamburgers and French fries. The fries were great! She cooked in the oven on my new cast iron pizza stone... that hasn't been seasoned yet. But no worries... they were freezer aisle fries, Rally's brand no less, so when the thawing action took place I'm sure the water seasoned it up real nice. Lots of cool orange spots all over it now, too.

I actually thought about posting about how my wife is in the cast iron cult of people with this weird fetish of unwashable, ‘seasoned’ pans.

Don't you dare wash those things!

You sure?

Easy-Cast-Iron-Skillet-Scrub-1-of-7.jpg

I wash my cast iron skillet, I don't rub it raw like a radish, but I still wash it...

You sure?

I wash my cast iron skillet, I don't rub it raw like a radish, but I still wash it...
I wash mine. I cook everything from steak to pork to salmon to cornbread in it, and don’t necessarily want all of those flavors mingling together. After washing, I coat it with some avocado oil and heat it up.

I wash mine. I cook everything from steak to pork to salmon to cornbread in it, and don’t necessarily want all of those flavors mingling together. After washing, I coat it with some avocado oil and heat it up.

I do the same. I used to use olive oil to cook and extra-virgin olive oil for "raw" recipes and have recently switched to avocado oil for cooking, I like it much better.

Yah usually she will ask if she needs ti take the kids outside or to her moms. Because of the spuddering of sentence fragments mixed in with newly invented cuss words.
You should've seen the garage project...... probably the closest I've been to either getting kicked out of my own house or divorced..... everything is fine now.

You sure?

Easy-Cast-Iron-Skillet-Scrub-1-of-7.jpg

I deglaze and scrape it out real good, then scrub it with a plastic scrubber, and retreat it almost weekly with coconut oil, smells fantastic! I have one that's 80-90 years old and slick as glass, far better than the new Lodge pan I have...

I can't even believe I'm putting this out there..... has anyone been conned into antiquing furniture or cabinets.

Please don't revoke my man card. I do these projects as a compromise to my hunting addiction.

There's a serial antiquer on Craigslist around here, as far as I can tell she buys nice old furniture and makes it look like garbage :ROFLMAO:

I deglaze and scrape it out real good, then scrub it with a plastic scrubber, and retreat it almost weekly with coconut oil, smells fantastic! I have one that's 80-90 years old and slick as glass, far better than the new Lodge pan I have...
Yeah but how white was your last euro mount

Back