Sh*t our wives do...

dtraverdavis wrote:

"... I’ve been wondering what a thread from the other side of the court would look like. I know my wife would have a list. ..."

No.
No you don't.
I'd rather poke my own eyeballs out with a hot, 20d nail and castrate myself with a dull spoon than open THAT can of worms!
What IS the matter with you?

If I can't save a good cast iron skillet, it wasn't worth saving.

Frying sticks to the bottom of a cast iron skillet...period.
When you're through "frying", pour off almost all the grease. Add a tablespoon or so of flour.
Stir until flour is slightly browned.
Add 1 to 2 cups of milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally until desired thickness is achieved.
1) you've deglazed your finest cast iron cookware
2) you've made gravy to delight your kids, stretch your menu and make your cardiologist shake his head.

Reminds me of my Ex not long after we started dating. We were going away for about a week to see my/her folks. Came home afterwards and had cooked dinner that night, was cleaning up and opened the dishwasher to find three out of my cast iron set red with rust and covered in soap scale.
I went for a walk....

If you look directly at it you'll burn your retinas...

View attachment 177415
*I found a guy you does it better than me, with beetles, and I pay him. It's money well spent.;)
A friend loaned me his "Buck Boiler" bucket.
I put a bit of hydrogen peroxide and bleach when I started.
It left a natural bone color, which I find preferable. But that's just me.

20210228_145144.jpg
I started with a table top display, this is what the "Minister of Finance" eventually allowed! LOL!
20210222_192630.jpg
All the guys liked the table mount....but I don't have to sleep with them!

I just reread this thread and it brought back a memory. I was at work on a Saturday morning back before we had cell phones. My boss comes out of the office and said my wife is on the phone and she has problems at home. So I get on the phone and ask what is going on. She said the bathtub faucet will not shut off. I said yeah I know it drips I just haven't stopped at the hardware store for the repair kit yet. She replies that it's not dripping but it is wide open. I instruct her to go to the fuse box and shut the pump off and I am on my way. When I get home she explains that it was more than a drip so she took the handle off then got a pair of channel lock pliers out of my tool box and tried to shut it off that way. When I looked at it she had completely massacred the hot water side of the faucet. I just shook my head and replaced the faucet.

I'm still trying to figure out how she can use every single steak knife we own in under 12 hours. Especially since we have a very nice knife set that actually has knives designed for things other than eating steak.
X2

I should take pictures of how she loads the dish washer... Who puts bowls and cups in a dishwasher standing right side up?!? 😬 😬 😬

Sadly this is an all too true tale. The Ex would 'envision' a home project that she thought would be nice and tell me. " Yeah Sweetie", that's cool just let me finish this one......... "OK Honey".

Next day I get home from work and she's taken a hammer to the the drywall in the bathroom, cracked a pipe....Now I have to instantly fix that ! 6 hours.

Back to her original envision project ? Hell no.

Now have endure her complaining about why the bathroom wall isn't fixed. "When are you going to finish the Guest Room" !!

In the mean time I'm trying to keep a acre of grass mowed, fix the bathroom wall, finish the Guest room ( I don't like that shade of eggshell paint) and pull down a full time management job....

A week later I get home and she has the briar patch in an inferno 50ft high not 20 yds right next to the house............

A smart man cuts and runs.....

That was 20 yrs ago.

Dishwashers? Just something to break down. And when they do break down, the kitchen gets wrecked before they can be fixed ... or discovered that they're broken. I found doing the dishes together at the sink was productive time spent with my late wife. Forced us to communicate. It was also a good opportunity to feel her bum ... when her hands are full of good china and she couldn't do anything about it. Another opportunity to grope was when she cut my hair while I sat on the piano stool. But be gentle! Or I'd wind up looking like she'd used a chainsaw instead of clippers. Great memories.

Last edited:
Sadly this is an all too true tale. The Ex would 'envision' a home project that she thought would be nice and tell me. " Yeah Sweetie", that's cool just let me finish this one......... "OK Honey".

Next day I get home from work and she's taken a hammer to the the drywall in the bathroom, cracked a pipe....Now I have to instantly fix that ! 6 hours.

Back to her original envision project ? Hell no.

Now have endure her complaining about why the bathroom wall isn't fixed. "When are you going to finish the Guest Room" !!

In the mean time I'm trying to keep a acre of grass mowed, fix the bathroom wall, finish the Guest room ( I don't like that shade of eggshell paint) and pull down a full time management job....

A week later I get home and she has the briar patch in an inferno 50ft high not 20 yds right next to the house............

A smart man cuts and runs.....

That was 20 yrs ago.
Give her a medal for trying.

A buddy of mine and his wife worked a garden all spring and summer. They put up squash, okra, tomatoes, beans, corn and peas.
He comes home from work one day and his wife is unpacking a buttload of canned vegetables from the grocery store.
"What ARE you doing? We canned all those vegetables and you're still BUYING canned goods?"
She smiled, "I worked too hard canning that stuff to just use it up."

I don't think Mitch ever planted another garden!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back