SD Fatty takes a nap.

T Bone

I found a shooter tonight. 18 months ago I'm 90% sure I found this bucks sheds. I scouted him last year and nicknamed him "Fatty" for the nice mass and blocky body. He was still hanging in the same area of dense cover tonight.

I was on the ground waiting in a little saddle and 4 bucks popped up right at last light and came right to me. I pinned him for 35 yards and touched off the arrow. I hear the impact and the bucks rocket down the hill towards the truck. I wait 30 minutes and find my arrow. Nice and wet.

The 200 yard trail could have been followed by a blind man. I find him piled up within 300 yards of the vehicle! I load him up whole and take him home to show the tribe and take another pic.

102_0254.JPG

102_0256.JPG

102_0260.JPG

That is a handsome looking buck...congrats T-bone.

OHHH I thought you were going to post a picture of me napping on your Sheep hunting trip ;)

Congrats of a Fatty !!!! Good looking buckaroony !!

Awesome buck T.

I am staying in RC next week but unfortunately SDGF did not grant me a black hills tag :(. I thought about buying a NR archery tag, but with only one day to hunt it would probably be a waste of $$ (especially since that day is the day after rifle opener, orange will be everywhere).

That is a great archery WT. I would be pleased to put my ND tag on a buck like that . Well done!

I hope you saved the sheds, that is really neat, the sheds and now the buck. Put them up together, if you can, that's what I would do. Congratulations!

Tyson, what is the story with bringing it home ungutted? Were you putting on an evisceration training class with the "tribe"? WR or BH?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back