Screen names & avatars

I live in North Carolina, hence the NC. I also love to hunt, hence the Hunter part. I will hunt anything I can, elk, deer, grouse, squirrels, rabbits, quail, turkey, doves, crows, etc. I also love to fish when I am not hunting.

Nothing exciting or original with mine...............James Carl Slaska------JCS

BiggWimm was a nickname given to me years ago by my friends. I am a large man and Wimm is an abbreviated version of my last name. Bigg was always spelt with two g's to match the two m's.

My avatar is a pic of me in one of my favorite places. I was born and raised in AK, been in the states for 5 years now, and it is a pic of one of numerous float/canoe trips on the Maclaren River.

I grew up in Michigan and began hunting when my dad took me out for ducks. I was instantly hooked and spent all my teenage years relentlessly pursing them, hence "Marshian". Only after I moved out west did I discover big game, and my Avatar is one Rat Fink took of me on my first antelope trip.

Nickname earned in my Navy days. And in case you are wondering, I was not a soccer fan.

Lucky for me(and most that I came in contact with) I met my wife and with the lord's help they are straightening me out. :D

My 'avatar' is a POV pic the wife took while we were riding the Harley in central Oregon last summer

Corvus Corax, the common raven.

A friend of mine once commented that I am more of a forager than a hunter. Plus I think ravens are neat birds - I used to work in Calgary and spent a lot of time hiking in the mountains up there - anything that lives where ravens live has to be tough.

I grew up in Michigan and began hunting when my dad took me out for ducks. I was instantly hooked and spent all my teenage years relentlessly pursing them, hence "Marshian". Only after I moved out west did I discover big game, and my Avatar is one Rat Fink took of me on my first antelope trip.

We damn near got blown off that ridge when trying to take that picture. One of the windiest days in the field I ever experienced.

In highshool one of my football teammates nick named me Rat Fink after we had a practice in the rain all afternoon. I was just a little 5'10" 135 lb QB, and soaking wet he said I looked like a drowned rat. He remembered and old cartoon character of a rat with a gang of motorcycle heathens so he named me after the lead character "Rat Fink".

The avatar picture is one of me holding an Idaho steelhead. I have fished steelhead since I was old enough to hold a rod, it's my favorite fishing by far.

Attachments

• Brother Rat Fink.jpg
    Brother Rat Fink.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Elkwhisper was a name given me by one of my college roomates.. He even went so far as to make up business cards for me with the name and a catch slogan. Some thing line "I don't help people with elk problems.... bla bla bla"

Anyway it stuck.

My avatar is a pic of the moose I killed in BC.

Mine is the logo for my website, Devon is the county in England where i was born and still live today.
Cheers
Richard

Tarheel because I'm from the Tarheel State, North Carolina, and has naught to do with the ball teams by that name. I'm an East Carolina fan since my mother, son, niece and DIL graduated from there. No avatar, still looking for something appropriate.

MThuntr---obviously because I live in MT and I hunt. It is the same on several forums I frequent...problem is that since I didn't use the "e" there are a lot of MThunters out there (including here in Hunt Talk). I wish I would have come up with something a little more clever.

I used to be known as turkeytalker back before I moved to MT.

I love to fish for walleyes, hence the FishN4Eyes.

I used it on a fishing forum a few years ago and I'm too dumb to remember any other usernames or ID's so I just stuck with it and use it on several forums I frequent.

I like the group of guys that are on Hunttalk far better than any other website. The guys here just seem like my kind of folks.

Avatar is a Dall sheep I shot in the Wrangell's in '08. Need to draw the Chugach or Tok tag for an upgrade! :)

Cheers gents (and ladies!),

Chris

Last edited:
Mdhunter is basic enough as I live in Maryland. I should offer the disclaimer that I am not a doctor. That said, I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last weekend so perhaps I can offer free advice ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back