Score that deer

Moosie

Grand poopa
So... How many of you have live pictures (on the hoof) of Bucks then wacked the buck and put a tape to it ? And willing to share all the G's and H's ?

Thats what I'd like to see. :D

If you just have a Buck that you killed with the score that would be cool too. My son sneaks out Monday for a pretty good Idaho deer hunt And I'd like a thread with some bucks from 150" on up to compair. I'd show jim mine but they are mostly forked horns :eek:

YAH YAH... I know the score doesn't matter on a deer and he should shoot whatever he will be happy with but I'm sure I'm not the only unscoreing loser out there that would like to see some critters !!!!!!

Anyone ?!?

right at 150
5086484445_4327001064.jpg

150-160 if I remember right(you'd think I'd remember the scores of my deer--brain cell not functioning)
5086484589_2dd7df439d.jpg

170ish
5086484313_069d52609f.jpg

these are net scores-------yea I'm pretty sure that's correct, but it's been quite some time since I taped them and I don't think I made any mistakes and I do error on the side of less vs more, the first one was 28" wide when I shot him in 1990 and I want to say his mains are like 20" long and he's not heavy at all, so although he looks like a better scoring buck it didn't add up---

the 2nd one has short mains also, but makes up for it with mass---chris

148...includes the broken antler :eek:

Attachments

• 071021 Mulie resized.jpg
    071021 Mulie resized.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 464
One of the few I have a good photo of "alive".......I ended up arrowing him when the season opened.......was fairly accurate on the "pre-score".......but it wouldn't have mattered anyway, as I wanted this buck bad!

Strip14.jpg

Got lucky on this one, when I would of shot a forked horn! He is in the 170's.

Attachments

• utah buck.jpg
    utah buck.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 419
antelope2010004.jpg

I took this picture on October 9th and shot this buck on the 23rd. Note the body size of this buck. I knew he was good, but he was even nicer when I got my hands on him. Big bodies will fool you sometimes in relation to antler or horn size.

alandpat008.jpg

He was narrow...and that means nothing to me. What I like is mass and good forks but most important to me is old age. Any buck that is 6 1/2 years old is a shooter IMO.

alandpat007.jpg

He grew about 10" of extra's(sorry I cant and wont call them "trash points" whoever came up with that phrase should be horse whipped)....I roughed it out this morning and came up with 187" gross.

I like the custom interior design surrounding CS's two deer. really makes em stand out =)

Idaho1991.jpg

My Idaho buck from 1991....sorry, no live pics.

217 4/8 gross
209 3/8 gross typical
203 3/8 net typical
195 2/8 final
8 1/8 extra's
30 3/8" outside spread
25 1/8" inside
long main beam is 28 1/8". Left G1 is 21 3/8", right is 20 7/8".

The really big ones will look huge at first glance. I call them "instant shooters". When a guy has to start picking them apart while looking at them you should probably hold off shooting them. First impression is usually spot on.

mudranger, I've gone thru many different designs before I came up with the final decor for adding ambience to my mounts and for a small fee I can give you the cs dvd on how to design a room around your deer and other mounts---

contact me via PM for sending the money(it's not cheap), because cord color and arrangement is an art into itself, as is wall construction and pics......chris

I hear the the red suspenders are making a come back. Definitely agree with 1pointer...great trophy photo!

I agree that is one of the best muley photos I have seen. I think the first time I saw it was in the sporting goods store in Miles City?

I hear the the red suspenders are making a come back. Definitely agree with 1pointer...great trophy photo!
I got a pair of the suspenders, which my wife heckles me for, and am having to work on the quality of trophy photos. So far the only thing I've killed this year are 2 fox squirrels, not quite the photo op as a buck like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back