School is in session

Yep, Fin can take Buzz's "gargle my bag" phrase, transpose it, and make it sound like greeting card prose.

Good summary explanations Ben and Fin.

To Randy and Ben and all the others intimately involved in this work. For what it's worth, you have my sincere gratitude for all the effort that you have put into this. Thankyou.

Thanks guys for keeping it simple for the laymen. I bet the majority of Montana doesn't know this is going on right now. Thanks for your effort to save our big game herds.

To Randy and Ben and all the others intimately involved in this work. For what it's worth, you have my sincere gratitude for all the effort that you have put into this. Thankyou.

Couldn't have said it better- Thank you!

Big Fin- thanks for the run down, helps me understand a whole lot more what's really going on with the wolf issue.

Thanks for the education. Good luck MT and ID. Happy and thankful to know this forum has the fabulous leaders / politicians it does, who are in the know. (I just send my money to NRA, DU and RMEF and hope for the best. I need to stop hoping)

Randy, many thanks for the summary. Maybe, I missed the answer, but I'm wondering what happens to Simpson-Tester if Malloy approves the settlement? I'm hoping that if the settlement is approved that Simpson-Tester (if passed) overrides it and the settlement becomes moot.

Also what are the chances Malloy approves the settlement? If I understand correctly, the hunting seasons were closed back down because of the letter of the ESA law. How can he approve a settlement between the litigants that is still illegal under ESA?

Simpson/Tester will continue to progress even if the settlement is approved according to Tester and his staff.

As far as Molloy approving the settlement, I'm getting conflicting reports from lawyers. SOme think he will, some don't. Personally, I have a hard time seeing the Judge rule in favor of it, especially w/ AWR and WWP vowing to continue to fight.

We shall see. Hearing is today in Missoula on it.

We shall see. Hearing is today in Missoula on it.

Is this a one day hearing or are we not going to know for a few weeks/months? Fingers crossed Malloy is on board but for some reason I'm not too optimistic.

Randy, you have an outstanding ability to take the painfully complicated and break it down to layman’s terms, making it understandable. You post #30 is the first time I have seen all the different angles of the issue explained in such a way that anyone can grasp it.
You should consider cutting that post and pasting it over on MM. I would love to see the SFW/BGF wakos explain there way around the facts as you have laid them out.
Thanks for fighting the good fight.

Randy, you have an outstanding ability to take the painfully complicated and break it down to layman’s terms, making it understandable. You post #30 is the first time I have seen all the different angles of the issue explained in such a way that anyone can grasp it.
You should consider cutting that post and pasting it over on MM. I would love to see the SFW/BGF wakos explain there way around the facts as you have laid them out.
Thanks for fighting the good fight.

You have to have reading skills, and be able to comprehend what you read. They only know what their told.:W:

Meant to post these 2 questions in my earlier comments, but they were long and rambling enough:

I suspect most (maybe all) here would support S.249/HR 509 if the stars aligned and it made it through the political/civil suit gauntlet and became law. The problem most have is with the way SFW and partners are making it "my way or the highway" and trying to kill legislation that is not of their own creation. Is that more or less the crux of it?

And what is the general feeling on where the big landowners/cattle/ag folks stand on this issue? In general, I think they're looking to put hunters at a disadvantage but some of them stand to benefit from fewer wolves. Some of them stand to benefit from fewer elk, too, I suppose.

I suspect most (maybe all) here would support S.249/HR 509 if the stars aligned and it made it through the political/civil suit gauntlet and became law.

I suspect we all would, but the odds of that passing are so small, it makes a lottery win look like a slam dunk.

The problem most have is with the way SFW and partners are making it "my way or the highway" and trying to kill legislation that is not of their own creation. Is that more or less the crux of it?

Bingo! We have a winner!

And given the odds of their solution passing, those of us here in MT/ID are paying for their bets on their crazy position. If they want to keep pushing it, fine. Let MT and ID go on our way.

They obviously don't want Simpson-Tester to pass, as if MT and ID are released as hostages, even the Kool-aid drinkers will see the S.249 bill has no chance.

And what is the general feeling on where the big landowners/cattle/ag folks stand on this issue? In general, I think they're looking to put hunters at a disadvantage but some of them stand to benefit from fewer wolves. Some of them stand to benefit from fewer elk, too, I suppose.

In MT, the landowners and ag groups are on board with the Simpson-Tester language. These groups have been in the political arena long enough to know what the odds are of a dismantle of the ESA. They want progress.

And, they need Tester for their other ag programs, so they are going to support this language because it has his name on it.

Here is how the lineup looks in DC as it relates to the Simpson-Tester language.

Team A - On one side you have the Ag groups, NRA, SCI, CSF, B&C, now RMEF and MDF, half the Democrats and all but 61of the Republicans. They are pushing to get Simpson-Tester language passed.

Team B - On the other side, you have Sportsmen for Wealthy, Big Game For Us, and 61 Republicans Co-sponsors. And now the wolf lovers have set up camp with them to try kill Simpson-Tester language.

But, Team B does have the Wolf War General rallying the troops to gather up more money. And since "He said so," it has to be true, Right?

Each person can make their own decision as to which team has the ability to pull of a win.

I suspect we all would, but the odds of that passing are so small, it makes a lottery win look like a slam dunk.

Bingo! We have a winner!

And given the odds of their solution passing, those of us here in MT/ID are paying for their bets on their crazy position. If they want to keep pushing it, fine. Let MT and ID go on our way.

They obviously don't want Simpson-Tester to pass, as if MT and ID are released as hostages, even the Kool-aid drinkers will see the S.249 bill has no chance.

In MT, the landowners and ag groups are on board with the Simpson-Tester language. These groups have been in the political arena long enough to know what the odds are of a dismantle of the ESA. They want progress.

And, they need Tester for their other ag programs, so they are going to support this language because it has his name on it.

Here is how the lineup looks in DC as it relates to the Simpson-Tester language.

Team A - On one side you have the Ag groups, NRA, SCI, CSF, B&C, now RMEF and MDF, half the Democrats and all but 61of the Republicans. They are pushing to get Simpson-Tester language passed.

Team B - On the other side, you have Sportsmen for Wealthy, Big Game For Us, and 61 Republicans Co-sponsors. And now the wolf lovers have set up camp with them to try kill Simpson-Tester language.

But, Team B does have the Wolf War General rallying the troops to gather up more money. And since "He said so," it has to be true, Right?

Each person can make their own decision as to which team has the ability to pull of a win.

Is the analogy of wolves eating sheep too simple a one here......Baaa:p

Check out the latest poll BGF has up. IMHO it is an attempt to downplay the success Idaho and Montana would achieve by delisting the wolves in those states and kind of a hail mary to get hunters support for the "all or nothing" and keep making money. I'm guessing they hope to see more votes for the last option.

http://www.biggameforever.org/

Better judgement tells me not to post what I am thinking as I read that paltry excuse of a poll. Thanks for the laugh.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back