Caribou Gear

School is in session

I've been enjoying myself the last few days reading what the smart people have to say on MM.

It is entertaining.

Well that really grew, since I last checked that thread...yesterday. Worth the read if you've got some spare time. lol Maybe I missed it but is Don on vacation or...

With that last post, my advice would be to tell old ABE, to stay down for the count. He need not get back up for another blow. He's getting punch drunk, and all those blows have added up to some real brain damage.

LMAO! Great Post Fin.

Big Fin thank you for the education. I have been following the threads the past few days and can't thank you enough for the common sense and facts that you have based your comments on. There is some pretty stiff Kool Aid being poured over there.

Let me apologize in advance.

As a relative newcomer to this site, and someone without a lick of experience or background in the Great Wolf Debate, I'm pretty lost on who stands where. I'd bet I'm not alone as, from the limited reading of these threads I've done, it sounds as though certain groups are shifting their stance like a kid who has to pee. Real bad.

Since the subject line is "School is in session", anybody want to give me a quick edu-macation of what bills are currently up for grabs, what's at stake and who (meaning the groups, not necessarily the individuals) stands where? I'd take the Reader's Digest version, or even more from whoever is willing. If you're more comfortable with a PM, that works too. I am interested in catching up, but I'm afraid with my limited time to play catch up I'll be rounding first about the time the fans are headed home from a twi-night DH.

Appreciate any of your time on this subject as it seems like it will be a hot topic, and only getting hotter.

As far as MM goes, this has got to be one of the best threads ever.
Big Fin is the Chuck Norris of wolf issues, what a beat down.

Randy, I've not read through the whole thread, but I'd just like to say Thank you, to you for using this template for the message boards. I'm not smart enough to get the whole thing to show at once, and it just pisses me off to have to click on every response to read it.

I don't know all the details but after reading on MM I can only come up with one example.
That Abe fellow keeps yapping that we should all wait push for a big group state wolf policy. That's all fine and dandy but as was mentioned Montana and Idaho have been taking it for 8 years. The other states are just starting this wolf thing.

I compare it to illegal immigrants in Arizona. They have bled and suffered the ills that come from illegal immigration for years. Way longer than say we have or do in Montana so it would be like us (Montanans) asking Arizona to hold off on any new legislation for illegal immigration until it covers all states. Arizona is going to tell us to take a flying leap. They've dealt with it for years and have a chance to change something right now. Why jeopardize the issue by waiting and trying to all hold hands in hopes that a nationwide policy gets put in place. Not sure if this example is correct but kind of seems to be somewhat similar to what is going on with Abes argument.

Great job over there Big Fin. I sure hope we get to hunt wolves this year.

Lawnboy I think that is a good analogy on MT's and ID's situation.

ABE, ABE, ABE. Let is rest now. You have nothing to gain. Your leaders have abandoned you. You have been left on an island.

Oh well, time to hit the client tax files and see if I can disinherit the Federal Treasury today.

I promise, no more from me today. Well, unless something uncalled for requires attention.

That is all good stuff Fin. Trophy Hunter posted a facebook link to support SFW for a chance to win a shotgun. I posted on their page I don't see how any sportsman could support SFW in light of the recent wolf issues. I then received this response from Trophy Hunter...

"Are you kidding about the wolf issue with SFW? They hired Ryan Benson (wolf lawyer), started the Big Game Forever website about wolves and have spent countless hours fighting this issue."

I responded with a link to the outdoorwire link you shared last week and within two hours the facebook request to support SFW was removed.

I wonder if I should start a facebook page called "Sportsmen agains SFW and BF"...would anybody join? Might be a great way to start more drama. :)

I would join. I pass the word to everyone that SFW is a bad deal. I have been saying NO to them since before they formed their little voice in MT.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back