MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Salt Lake City to Dubois

I've continued to look at my route options when I arrive in SLC (less than a month to go!).

Thanks to dukes daddy my current plan is to head over High Uintas, looks like a magic spot. Thinking of camping at one of the camp sites along the 150. If I can spot a moose and goat it would be perfect.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Thanks speedsmn. Good to know. I'll be there ealy sept so hopefully still open.

It should still be open then. If not, head up Interstate 15 then over to Logan to Bear Lake. Not quite as good a drive as the Uinta's, but still very good one.

I am usually in Dubois every hunting season!! :D My cousin lives there so I stay with him! I should get into Dubois the night of the 4th and plan on being there through the 15th!

Sounds like a plan Hessticles! I'll be in the area for a couple of weeks from about the 7th. I've got a general elk tag and a pronghorn tag too.

It should still be open then. If not, head up Interstate 15 then over to Logan to Bear Lake. Not quite as good a drive as the Uinta's, but still very good one.
Thanks for the advice, Bear Lake looks like a great plan b.

Hwy 150 is seasonal, so if we gets loads of snow early they might close it.

Kiwi, It's open until late fall. Hopefully one early freeze to kill the bugs.

PM me your flight information and I'm happy to grab you some maps and buy you a beer when you arrive in SLC.

Thanks Dukes Daddy! I'll pm my flight details soon. Hopefully I'm not too jet lagged when I arrive at SLC. Going to be a long trip from New Zealand!

Thanks Kenton. That's beer, pancakes and hunting sorted. Should be a great time!

Kiwi- the mirror lake hwy will be open in early September. No problems for you there. It it a pretty drive. I have hunted that area in late October and it is still open. You should hit me up when you arrive in salt lake. If I am not out hunting, I will take you down to the beer hive. They have a frozen bar and more beer on tap than you can shake a stick at!

Hey BiggWimm, at this rate I wont get out of SLC :) Thanks for the offer, you folks from Utah are certainly a welcoming lot! Can't wait to get over there and explore. In hindsight I should have applied for a Utah tag, may be next year.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back