Ryan Busse is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a spoof??

Does it also come with a year’s worth of testosterone gel?

No fine print Re the NFA or is it converted to semi auto?

So many questions.

Regardless, it’s a bad look
I think it was a real sweepstakes, but is it a spinoff from an amunation advertisement from gta or is amunation a spin-off of it 🤔

I briefly glanced at the fine print and it said it was semi auto.

Does it also come with a year’s worth of testosterone gel?
Won't need it. If spending that amount on a gun with zero use in any scenario except a zombie apocalypse doesn't make you think your schlong is 3in longer than it really is, then nothing will. Come to think of it, that last sentence kind of explains why a lot of these guys don't have girlfriends.

Therefore let's do NOTHING.

My biggest fear is that 2A will go the way of Canada, Australia, or other more restrictive nations as the pendulum keeps swinging.

To many my suggestion, or any other restrictive change, is "ridiculous" and causes same old, same old trite NRA-like arguments.
How about some practical solutions then. DO NOTHING is the key to gun owner disappointment.
If we are really interested in stopping gun violence why aren’t we talking about handguns instead? The % of shootings involving “assault weapons” is small. Is it because that doesn’t get the headlines or pull in fund raising money?

More people are killed in Chicago in a year (695) than have been killed in school shootings from 1970-2021 (637). Why isn’t this a major 24/7 news story like school shootings? Does it not promote the narrative?

Anyone want to take a guess at the % of firearm deaths that are caused by repeat offenders, hint the recidivism rate for gun offenders is high! Hmmm, you mean to tell me that letting criminals out of jail, or not even putting them in jail is a problem. Who would have guessed that? Also, are you telling me that despite murder being illegal they still do it? But I guess any new gun law will be followed by these criminals this time.

For some more fun reading go look at studies on how the media reports shootings, ie, what shootings they cover, men vs women, black vs white, self defense, concealed carry stopping attacker, etc.. Nah, no agenda being pushed except emotional headlines that the uneducated base their voting on.

These discussions are always the same…regurgitating emotional headlines vs facts. In order for the sides to come together and actually have a discussion we need to start talking facts. It’s no different than ballot box biology, emotions over facts.

For those that only get their gun info from headlines here’s a little perspective:

In 2022 there were 45222 total gun related deaths, which means with a population of 328m, that represents .0138%

of that 45,222, 54% were suicides, leaving 19,445

Of that 19,445, 1097 were shot by law enforcement. Another 492 were accidental shootings (the majority of which were under the age of 24)

Leaving 17,856

In those remaining shootings, 3% were made up of assault rifles , with what I expect is a very liberal interpretation of what an assault rifle is, along with 1% being shotguns. 54% were handguns, the remaining instances were not specifically stated. The number of people that die by assault rifles in this country are about the same as those who die of carbon monoxide. More than twice as many people die from hypothermia, 9x as many people die from dehydration, 11x as many people die from malnutrition.

While admittedly this is a meaningless stat, if you were divide the 17,856 number by 50 , representing the total number of states, that gives you 357, or an average of less than 1 fatal shooting per day in each state

Looking at 10 traditionally gun violent city total numbers (some numbers were from 2021 but there shouldn't be a significant difference in totals)

St. Louis, MO - 196
Chicago, IL - 556
Detroit, MI - 293
Indianapolis, IN - 293
New Orleans, LA - 280
Washington, DC - 203
Baltimore, MD - 333
Columbus, OH - 173
Los Angeles, CA - 382
New York, NY - 246

for a total of 2955, or about 17% of all gun fatalities after removing suicide, law enforcement and accidental death in the United States.

While these numbers are concerning, based on these numbers, there doesn't appear to be an epidemic of gun violence in this country, and for the overwhelming majority, the reality of facing gun violence should be a much smaller concern than many Americans believe.

If you remove additional risk factors such as not living in the 60 counties that produce a high % of gun violence, do not interact with known felons and of course do not engage in criminal activities, gun violence in the daily life of an American is statistically meaningless. That's pretty cavalier to say to a country indoctrinated in the evils of guns, but even with increases in gun violence , its hard to argue fear of gun violence is a realistic concern for Americans avoiding those 3 factors.

It’s always been that way.

Btw- By comparison, A 2018 John Hopkins study found that over 250,000 people die from medical malpractice in the United States each year which represents .08% of the population. I also won’t get into the deaths just from fentanyl the past 2 years.

Yeah, as I recall, it was the CEO of REI who cried a river, but most good ideas take a few tries. I vote to keep trying.
Yes, the same people who claim to be for everything outdoors, the environment, etc…pretty hypocritical.

Interesting. Please post the "source data" for "regular crimes and inner city drug/turf crime" where 15+ people were killed in one shooting... because that's what we're talking about with the 11 deadliest shootings in US history.

I'm well-aware of the murder rates of certain cities, but I'm not aware of any instances of mass murders with over 15 people killed in one event that "they" exclude because it "doesn't fit their political talking points."

Thanks in advance.
I think you’re correct on that if I’m remembering my research correctly.

If we are really interested in stopping gun violence why aren’t we talking about handguns instead? The % of shootings involving “assault weapons” is small. Is it because that doesn’t get the headlines or pull in fund raising money?

More people are killed in Chicago in a year (695) than have been killed in school shootings from 1970-2021 (637). Why isn’t this a major 24/7 news story like school shootings? Does it not promote the narrative?

Anyone want to take a guess at the % of firearm deaths that are caused by repeat offenders, hint the recidivism rate for gun offenders is high! Hmmm, you mean to tell me that letting criminals out of jail, or not even putting them in jail is a problem. Who would have guessed that? Also, are you telling me that despite murder being illegal they still do it? But I guess any new gun law will be followed by these criminals this time.

For some more fun reading go look at studies on how the media reports shootings, ie, what shootings they cover, men vs women, black vs white, self defense, concealed carry stopping attacker, etc.. Nah, no agenda being pushed except emotional headlines that the uneducated base their voting on.

These discussions are always the same…regurgitating emotional headlines vs facts. In order for the sides to come together and actually have a discussion we need to start talking facts. It’s no different than ballot box biology, emotions over facts.

For those that only get their gun info from headlines here’s a little perspective:

In 2022 there were 45222 total gun related deaths, which means with a population of 328m, that represents .0138%

Of that 19,445, 1097 were shot by law enforcement. Another 492 were accidental shootings (the majority of which were under the age of 24)

Leaving 17,856

In those remaining shootings, 3% were made up of assault rifles , with what I expect is a very liberal interpretation of what an assault rifle is, along with 1% being shotguns. 54% were handguns, the remaining instances were not specifically stated. The number of people that die by assault rifles in this country are about the same as those who die of carbon monoxide. More than twice as many people die from hypothermia, 9x as many people die from dehydration, 11x as many people die from malnutrition.

While admittedly this is a meaningless stat, if you were divide the 17,856 number by 50 , representing the total number of states, that gives you 357, or an average of less than 1 fatal shooting per day in each state

Looking at 10 traditionally gun violent city total numbers (some numbers were from 2021 but there shouldn't be a significant difference in totals)

St. Louis, MO - 196
Chicago, IL - 556
Detroit, MI - 293
Indianapolis, IN - 293
New Orleans, LA - 280
Washington, DC - 203
Baltimore, MD - 333
Columbus, OH - 173
Los Angeles, CA - 382
New York, NY - 246

for a total of 2955, or about 17% of all gun fatalities after removing suicide, law enforcement and accidental death in the United States.

While these numbers are concerning, based on these numbers, there doesn't appear to be an epidemic of gun violence in this country, and for the overwhelming majority, the reality of facing gun violence should be a much smaller concern than many Americans believe.

If you remove additional risk factors such as not living in the 60 counties that produce a high % of gun violence, do not interact with known felons and of course do not engage in criminal activities, gun violence in the daily life of an American is statistically meaningless. That's pretty cavalier to say to a country indoctrinated in the evils of guns, but even with increases in gun violence , its hard to argue fear of gun violence is a realistic concern for Americans avoiding those 3 factors.

Btw- By comparison, A 2018 John Hopkins study found that over 250,000 people die from medical malpractice in the United States each year which represents .08% of the population. I also won’t get into the deaths just from fentanyl the past 2 years.
IMG_3299.jpeg

Leaving 17,856

St. Louis, MO - 196
Chicago, IL - 556
Detroit, MI - 293
Indianapolis, IN - 293
New Orleans, LA - 280
Washington, DC - 203
Baltimore, MD - 333
Columbus, OH - 173
Los Angeles, CA - 382
New York, NY - 246

I'll accept that the numbers you have posted are accurate. Those same numbers could be used to argue that there is little justification for concealed carry by the general public.

Some of the reason that school shootings cause the headlines that they do is that the victims did none of the things you cite as being risk factors for being getting yourself shot.

Leaving 17,856

St. Louis, MO - 196
Chicago, IL - 556
Detroit, MI - 293
Indianapolis, IN - 293
New Orleans, LA - 280
Washington, DC - 203
Baltimore, MD - 333
Columbus, OH - 173
Los Angeles, CA - 382
New York, NY - 246

There's no room for discussion there. The cold dead hands folks froth at the mouth when someone mentions expanding regulations around handguns.

I can see it now:
"What will I do if Ned Pepper and his boys come riding me down out in the territory and and I can't draw all 3 of my pistols to fight them off!?"

Even though getting a concealed carry permit is comically easy in many states...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back