Romney/Ryan/GOP Platform: End Hunting in the West

Jose, Obama's "Green Jobs Czar" was a Marist and proud of it. He was "outed" by Glenn Beck and had to resign. Sorry, but his name escapes me--good-looking black guy with a shaved head. Many of Obama's other "czars" are hard leftists.

It is fascinating to me that current political discussions are often answered with GW Bush.

It is much easier to insult people and have inflamitory discussions on the internet because no one can hold you accountable. It is easy to attack people personally and call someone a "selfish prick" when you don't have to be worried about the broken nose you might end up with, because the individual feels they earned the right to have their opinion.

Let's see Obama has given the country over 5 trillion more dollars in debt, the unemployment rate has never dropped below 8 percent, and there are more people on food stamps now than ever b4. He is a real winner....... If u really think that giving him four more years to ruin this country I am sorry but you can not be helped

The issue of being able to continue to hunt public land is important to me, but so is: employment, the economy, the national debt, imigration reform, health care reform, and the list goes on.

At least Romney/Ryan at not anti-gun like obama is. It would be pretty hard bird hunting with bows.....

I'd rather fight Obama on guns than the entire Republican party on selling off public lands.

The FWS already denies hunting and access on millions of acres, so why not utilize those lands in ways that will benefit the actual people who own them. For your information, that's US, the citizens of the United States...........NOT you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What makes you think that those lands' highest and best use is for something other than hunting and fishing?

We've had no problems giving in to that concept on millions of acres of public lands that have been irresponsibly developed for extractive use.

Should I be able to go elk hunting on critical winter range? Is my recreation more important than the conservation of a species?

I think you just helped Jose make that point.

It always amuses me when Democrats get all worked up about the GOP selling off public land. It's never going to happen, even if it is part of the "party platform." In any case, vote for Obama and his Marxist czars and left-wing cabinet...I don't really give a goddamn. My vote is going for Romney/Ryan.

It always amuses me when Republicans get all worked up about the Dems taking away guns. It's never going to happen, even if it is part of the "party platform." In any case, vote for Romney and his Mormon czars and right-wing cabinet...I don't really give a goddamn. My vote is going for __________________.

Just stirring the pot. :D

"It always amuses me when Republicans get all worked up about the Dems taking away guns. It's never going to happen, even if it is part of the "party platform."

what amuses me is that democrats are so sure that romney and ryan will sell the lands because it's part of the party platform, but when something is in the democrats party platform, there is nothing to worry about.

TLC,

Ryan has already tried to sell off public lands. It's not a myth, it's not a "what if," it's a reality.

Big difference there.

"It always amuses me when Republicans get all worked up about the Dems taking away guns. It's never going to happen, even if it is part of the "party platform."

what amuses me is that democrats are so sure that romney and ryan will sell the lands because it's part of the party platform, but when something is in the democrats party platform, there is nothing to worry about.

Where have you seen that the Democrats party platform is to take away all of our guns? I'm being serious because I would like to know if it is true. The only place I've seen that said is by the NRA (an yes, I'm a member) and Fox News.

TLC,

Ryan has already tried to sell off public lands. It's not a myth, it's not a "what if," it's a reality.

Big difference there.

Ben, can you post where he tried doing this? only thing I have ever seen is what he PROPOSED in the GOP budget. which, went nowhere.

Where have you seen that the Democrats party platform is to take away all of our guns? I'm being serious because I would like to know if it is true. The only place I've seen that said is by the NRA (an yes, I'm a member) and Fox News.

the quote is not mine. taken from another poster. but, here is the answer for you.

They believe that reasonable gun control measures must be taken. There is some debate as to what exactly is reasonable. Generally, this translates into support for various restrictions on gun ownership, such as magazine capacity limits, waiting periods, or outright bans on some types of guns or guns with certain features. This can, however, vary, since not all Democrats follow the party line exactly.

The official position

We recognize that the right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation, but we know that what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact and enforce commonsense laws and improvements - like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system, and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals. Acting responsibly and with respect for differing views on this issue, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe.

The Democratic Party platform (2008)

Overall, the recent history of the Democratic party has been for stricter gun control, as the above plank from the 2008 Democratic Party platform indicates. Gun control is perhaps the second most contentious issue of the past several decades, with only abortion exceeding the heat of rhetoric flying about, so be careful with people talking in absolutes and sweeping generalizations.

Here's a couple of good articles about Romney and that impressive 6 minute youtube with Ryan discussing Obama care. Compare that to the movie 2016 on Obama, geesh.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...is-human-side/2012/03/03/gIQA1EENpR_blog.html

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifestyle/53711549-80/romney-mitt-stake-bishop.html.csp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V8l5HGNBB0

So Mitt is a good guy, lot's of good guys out there who should not be president, look at the current man sitting in the White House. President Obama is a good guy, a dedicated family man and I can't conjer up any hate for him. I do think he is in way over his head.

Ryan is not always honest when he talks about debt and deficit. The facts are that even if we had a growing economy we can't grow revenues enough to make up the deficit. There has to be a combination of a complete overhaul of the tax codes, cut the growth in entitlements and adopt a pro growth policy. Just cutting taxes while not cutting spending is not a substitute for real reform.

Republicans talk a good game but when it comes to cutting spending they run for the hills. I never understood why spending on social programs didn't stimulate the economy but cutting defense spending would mean job loss. Hypocrites abound and Ryan is one of them. who knows what Romney thinks about it.

Nemont

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back