Caribou Gear Tarp

Romney/Ryan/GOP Platform: End Hunting in the West

You don't think we have a responsibility to deliver My Public Lands to my grandkids, my great-grandkids, my great-great-grandkids, etc???

Seems pretty selfish if someone argues they got to enjoy My Public Lands for 40-50 years, so to hell with worrying about them for future generations.

Jose-

I don't disagree with your arguement on this issue. However, I personally think it is short-sighted to vote purely on this issue, but it is your vote, do with it as you please.

The point I was making is in regard's to the inflamatory/accusatory comment's thrown around on the internet. IMO, half of the problems our culture has, are due to a general lack of manners and respect; which has only gotten worse with the lack of accountability on the internet soapbox. I am not an advocate for violence, but I do think there is some value in the concept of getting one's ass kicked when their mouth bounces a check. If you want to walk into a VFW and call a bunch of WW2 Vets "selffish pricks", knock your self out, but be ready for the handful of OEF/OIF Vets that come to their defense.

When I was a young platoon leader I bought a pair of boxing gloves for my platoon, and they travelled with us wherever we went. Anytime the platoon's effectiveness was compromised due to interpersonal issues, the gloves came out, and they were forced to sort it out. The lesson was if you aren't willing to fight for it, keep your mouth shut, and act like a gentleman. Without exception, when the fight was over, and it was out of their system, they were acting like brothers again.

If you want to debate an issue, great. If you want to whip everyone up, I am good with that too. I generally enjoy these conversations.

Public lands offer far more than just recreation. They're job generators, economic windfalls for the communities around them, and they supply us with clean water for drinking and irrigation.

That's more important to me than whether or not someone has an abortion.

I see

If conservatives sell off all the public land then liberals will be forced to kill all the unborn babies because there will be no land to inherit.

Or conservatives want to sell the land because of liberals killing all the unborn babies there will be no babies to inherit the land?

I love in the wolf thread how hunters claim that only people in NEW YORK CITY support wolf re-introduction and how would they like it if wolves were released into Central Park.

And then, the ones supporting the Ryan/Romney plan to sell of My Public Lands and end hunting in the west are such locals as:

• NoHarleyYet --- TEXAS
  • rhomas -- Hampton, SC
    [*]Minnesota Hunter -- Andover, Minnesota
  • Cctaxidermy --- Mounds, OK
  • TLC --- illinois
  • Tom ---- San Antonio, Texas, USA
  • kansasdad ---- Wichita
  • tarheel ---- Piedmont region of North Carolina

Jose, I guess I need to say it more clearly for you. MY ISSUE IS THAT YOU CALLED WW2 VETS "SELFISH PRICKS". They have given far more for our collective rights than you ever will.

Jose, I guess I need to say it more clearly for you. MY ISSUE IS THAT YOU CALLED WW2 VETS "SELFISH PRICKS". They have given far more for our collective rights than you ever will.

I made no such accusation.

I just said that someone who has hunted on My Public Lands longer than I have been alive, and now doesn't give a shit about allowing future generations to enjoy the same privilege seems like a selfish prick.

If you want to make up imaginary insults to WW2 vets, that is on you, don't put it on me.

Do you think someone who has hunted on My Public Lands for 40-50 years and is now supporting selling them off is a selfish prick?

thread-delivers.jpg

Next thing you know Jose will be telling everybody the "Greatest Generation" made black people drink from different water fountains.

Noted. Apparently, you don't think WW2 vet's are "selfish pricks"

So, the way I interpret your arguement is that the issue of the preservation of public land eclipses all other issues to the extent that the rest of the issues aren't even a consideration. Is this correct?

How big should I let "My National Debt" grow before I compromise? How many handouts should I give from "My National Budget"? You and I both own those too.

...look at Kentucky and see what the coal companies have done in areas. After getting the coal, they have returned the land into pristine hunting and fishing properties that are open to the public. In some cases, the land is in much better condition than it was prior to the mining operations.

I don't want to start a tangent discussion about coal...but if you call turning a mountain into a "pristine" field--I think your logic is off a tad.

Everyone knows the biggest selfish pricks are the baby boomers.

Minnesotahunter,

The challenge is that the when in power Republicans spend just like Democrats. There is no way to cut taxes and balance the budget just like there is no way to cut spending enough and there is no way to grow our way out of the debt. We need to combination of all three and so far nobody on the Republican ticket is talking in those terms. Neither is Obama for that matter.

Public lands are not the single biggest issue for me but that issue is intertwined with many other issues I do care about.

Nemont

Minnesotahunter,

The challenge is that the when in power Republicans spend just like Democrats. There is no way to cut taxes and balance the budget just like there is no way to cut spending enough and there is no way to grow our way out of the debt. We need to combination of all three and so far nobody on the Republican ticket is talking in those terms. Neither is Obama for that matter.

Public lands are not the single biggest issue for me but that issue is intertwined with many other issues I do care about.

Nemont

Nemont,

I agree. I think a majority of career politicians are a cancer in our country. The political system needs to be reformed to inhibit: ear-marks, the toxic partisanship, and spending to secure votes to soldify careers. I am so jaded that I cannot even believe a politician really believes the stance they are proposing. I really don't think Obama gives a crap about people's healthcare, he is just securing votes. I really don't think Romney/Ryan give a crap about public land, but some corporation is whispering in their ear that they would really like that timber/oil/grazing rights.

It really is the lesser of two evils. The aggragate difference between the two options is probably negligable (both have alot of pro/cons), if a difference exist at all.

So where do we go from here?

Quit voting for the lesser of the evils...like I've been doing since I was old enough to vote.

For starters.

I can't live without water and if someone has an abortion, they need to take that up with God.

Freedom is ugly.

I understand your point and we just disagree. On conservation issues I pretty much always strongly agree with your opinions and logic.

However, if legalized murder of innocent humans is less important to you then the list you stated as uses of public land, as well as your own personal water, then I think you pray to a different god than I.

Ever heard of seperation of church and state?

lol, do you know who the Danbury's are? Church was never meant to stay out of the government, government was meant to stay out of the church. Just ask Thomas Jefferson. I hope you don't think that phrase is in the constitution.

I bet the "anti-hunters" and wolf lovers would love the political threads on this site!

They'd be like, "Look at those OYOA wolf killers, they can't even get along or agree on anything! We should backdoor them on 'such-a-such topic' while they are having a dick measuring contest!".

Some people are already hunting, others begin soon. I can't wait to start seeing this seasons pictures and reading the stories. These threads are getting old...not everyone is going to agree with everyone else!

Lets get back to OYOA and some semblance of solidarity!

I made no such accusation.

I just said that someone who has hunted on My Public Lands longer than I have been alive, and now doesn't give a shit about allowing future generations to enjoy the same privilege seems like a selfish prick.

Perhaps my last post deserves another read. I said nothing about supporting R/R. What I said, if I may paraphrase in order to put a finer point on it, is that for someone who rants incessantly about "his public lands" as if they belonged solely to him, and places that above the overall good of America is and always will be a "selfish prick" who obviously over estimates his own importance in the grand scheme of things and has long been like a broken record. If it's so important to you, take your fight into the streets where it might be welcomed, but constantly harping on the same topic here is hardly likely to affect any changes.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back