PEAX Equipment

Romney/Ryan/GOP Platform: End Hunting in the West

WVhunter,

The Consititution is pretty clear: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"...

Isn't this whole discussion moot? The way we elect a president only the residents of half a dozen Midwestern states will have any say in the outcome.

Amen! I think that everyone is so pent up that they're letting their aggression out on people that are very closely aligned with them as it pertains to the management of our public lands, the love of hunting and the support of true wildlife conservation.

Here's to great times with friends and family, safe hunting and enjoying the gift that is our public lands. I'm looking forward to seeing some great pictures in the next couple months. Until then, keep the conversation respectful. I love a good debate, but name calling and personal insults do nothing be distract from the point and make that person's stance less relevant. It also makes us HuntTalk members look like idiots to the people that really are our oposition.

Wisconsin Crop damage white tail doe tags - next week
Wyoming Mule Deer Buck - October 1
Wyoming Antelope Buck - October 1
Minnesota Rifle Whitetail Buck and Doe- November 3rd
Wisconsin Rifle Whitetail Buck and 2 Doe- November 17th
Wyoming Late Season Cow Elk - December 28th

All on our public lands, except the crop damage tags :) Venison.... it's what's for dinner!

I bet the "anti-hunters" and wolf lovers would love the political threads on this site!

They'd be like, "Look at those OYOA wolf killers, they can't even get along or agree on anything! We should backdoor them on 'such-a-such topic' while they are having a dick measuring contest!".

Some people are already hunting, others begin soon. I can't wait to start seeing this seasons pictures and reading the stories. These threads are getting old...not everyone is going to agree with everyone else!

Lets get back to OYOA and some semblance of solidarity!

Public lands offer far more than just recreation. They're job generators, economic windfalls for the communities around them, and they supply us with clean water for drinking and irrigation.

That's more important to me than whether or not someone has an abortion.

They also offer places to bury the dead babies.

I get confused why people who are anti-abortion get all wrapped up about individuals (who we know nothing about their life situation) having abortions when in reality the amount of "abortions" happening at fertility clinics probably outstrips vacuum aspirations and D&Cs by at least 5:1. My guess is because those seeking fertility treatments are generally much better off financially and not really linking what they are doing to abortion.

Noted. Apparently, you don't think WW2 vet's are "selfish pricks"

So, the way I interpret your arguement is that the issue of the preservation of public land eclipses all other issues to the extent that the rest of the issues aren't even a consideration. Is this correct?

How big should I let "My National Debt" grow before I compromise? How many handouts should I give from "My National Budget"? You and I both own those too.

Yes, preserving My Public Lands for future generations is far more important than worrying about "Marxist Czars" infiltrating the cabinet because Glen Beck said they were. Do you really worry about Glen Beck conspiracy theories?

As for Your National Debt, you are being lied to if you believe Ryan/Rmoney are serious. The Ryan Plan, even after selling My Public Lands balances the budget in 28 years IF you get some outrageous growth assumptions.

Helloooooo 2040!!

I understand your point and we just disagree. On conservation issues I pretty much always strongly agree with your opinions and logic.

However, if legalized murder of innocent humans is less important to you then the list you stated as uses of public land, as well as your own personal water, then I think you pray to a different god than I.

Why do you give a shit what god he prays to? Has he ever cared what god you pray to?

How about you pray to your god, he prays to his god, and you both can live happily ever afterlife.

I'm in full agreement. While the future of public lands is important, that importance pales in comparison to the overall future of our country. To expend all one's energies and attention to such a singular issue seems nothing more than "selfish" and not likely to be the prime mover for members of the "Great Generation". Just my view from this vantage point, and reason enough to think outside the box.

Gosh, on a forum that is dedicated to hunting adventures on My Public Lands, you don't think this topic is more important than "Marxist Czars", "Union thuggery", and "voter fraud"?

There ain't a damn thing you can do that is going to reign in the deficit with either side. There isn't a damn thing you can do that is going to address "Marxist Czars". But, I can sure as hell try and let people know that Romney is NOT looking out for hunters, and, in fact, if he gets his way, he will end hunting in the west as we know it now, as per his, Ryan's, and their party's promises.

Perhaps my last post deserves another read. I said nothing about supporting R/R. What I said, if I may paraphrase in order to put a finer point on it, is that for someone who rants incessantly about "his public lands" as if they belonged solely to him, and places that above the overall good of America is and always will be a "selfish prick" who obviously over estimates his own importance in the grand scheme of things and has long been like a broken record. If it's so important to you, take your fight into the streets where it might be welcomed, but constantly harping on the same topic here is hardly likely to affect any changes.

Are you serious? Yes, My Public Lands DO belong to me. I am responsible for taking care of them, I am responsible for making sure they are in better shape than I found them, and, I am responsible for making sure future generations can enjoy them, just as I have.

If that is a "selfish prick" to you, then I guess you will just have to live out your remaining days full of envy.

Jose: Maybe it's just your use of "My Public Lands" that bugs me. Can't you at least say "Our Public Lands"? Go vote for whoever you want. Just don't call what's also mine.....yours.

Jose, my avitar is eating "your grass." :D :D :D

Ben, what ever happened with Tester and the Grinnell Knotch?

Why can't I use the public high school track to run on....after all, isn't it public?

Why can't I hunt the public land up the street from me? I can't even go for a walk on it. It is closed. Just because something is public doesn't mean you can hunt it.

WVhunter,

The Consititution is pretty clear: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"...

Yep, there won't be a government religion. You will not be forced to join a certain religion.

Why can't I use the public high school track to run on....after all, isn't it public?

Probably a school district issue, in three different states I''ve never been barred from using a HS track

[/QUOTE] I hunt the public land up the street from me? I can't even go for a walk on it. It is closed. Just because something is public doesn't mean you can hunt it.[/QUOTE]

Why is it closed? Is it permanently closed? Is it closed because of habitat restoration or similar? What percentage of public land is available to hunt as opposed not available (WY Wilderness excluded)?

Jose, my avitar is eating "your grass." :D :D :D

Ben, what ever happened with Tester and the Grinnell Knotch?

Why can't I hunt the public land up the street from me? I can't even go for a walk on it. It is closed. Just because something is public doesn't mean you can hunt it.

1.) I support your livestock eating Jose's grass.
2.) Sounds like it's stalled out but I've not heard anything lately. Will send an email asking.
3.)You should be able to use the high school track, just not when the girl's varsity cheerleading team in practicing.
4.) Is it Rehberg's leased land?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back