PEAX Equipment

Roasted

Well, there goes my plans of shooting one off of the sleigh ride through the elk refuge in Jackson. Dang, be hard to top this one.

I'm not that old, but I can't, for the life of me, understand the flat bill hat craze.
Me either. However, my 8yo plays a lot of baseball and that seems to be the norm with the "kids" these days. Heck, some hats are now sewn different to maintain that shape/look.

Me either. However, my 8yo plays a lot of baseball and that seems to be the norm with the "kids" these days. Heck, some hats are now sewn different to maintain that shape/look.
And then with the flat bill facing backwards ... outfielders need visors to shade eyes from sunlight. Who-da thought it would take such silliness to look cool.

I won't let my 5 year old wear anything like that. I pre shape all of his hats before letting him wear them.

I hate the flat bill hat look as well, but hey, let the kids wear what they want, does it really make a difference? How many of us had bell bottom jeans, mullet hair cuts, long hair, cut-off jean shorts, suede "hiking boots" with red laces, the list could go on and on. Each generation has their "thing" - let em have some fun and try to learn who they are inside while they try to figure life out. Spoken from a very conservative father with an experimental son. At least he's not covered in tattoos yet, which is not cool to me, but I'm sure several here think they are great. This kids actions are what's to be ridiculed and learned from, not his hats :cool:

I hate the flat bill hat look as well, but hey, let the kids wear what they want, does it really make a difference?

This...whodathunk?? Hunttalk has a fashion police.

I think Ben Lamb needs to repost some of his fashion choices from his younger years.

I hate the flat bill hat look as well, but hey, let the kids wear what they want, does it really make a difference? How many of us had bell bottom jeans, mullet hair cuts, long hair, cut-off jean shorts, suede "hiking boots" with red laces, the list could go on and on. Each generation has their "thing" - let em have some fun and try to learn who they are inside while they try to figure life out. Spoken from a very conservative father with an experimental son. At least he's not covered in tattoos yet, which is not cool to me, but I'm sure several here think they are great. This kids actions are what's to be ridiculed and learned from, not his hats :cool:
That's how I look at it. It's just a hat and the current style. I'm sure my dad shook his head more than once at some of the get-ups and hairstyles I sported.

Agreed. I bet we all took our turn at looking like idiots to an older generation.

I hate the flat bill hat look as well, but hey, let the kids wear what they want, does it really make a difference?

Glad somebody said what I was thinking reading through this thread. You're insecure or jealous if you care that much about people who aren't just like you.

I know it took me a while not to laugh at hunters who worry about what color camo outfit they wear. Seeing $1k matching head to toe outfits in the woods was my entertainment. Fortunately I saw the error of my ways and now just worry about myself.

Every time I see a flat-brimmer, I'll think of Jeremie Lewis, and every time I hear that Linkin Park song, I'll laugh for a second, just before I change the station.

Flat brims may not be for everyone but I would say the extremely bent billed hat frequented in the south is far from any sort of fashion statement.

You old guys would look great in those flat brim hats! Probably wore the first generation of them back in the day, only they were mesh/foam and had some kind of tractor on it.

Regardless of what the guy wears, he's a giant D-bag.

Hunting requires a zoolanderesqe amount of badassery and posing. This includes a flatbrim for the selfies, and maybe a duckface, with heavy metal wailing in the background...

so now that this extreme hunter has filmed himself taking a BOONER does this put him at the front of the line to be a high ranking pro staffer ? does anybody know what his next move be to place in the master guide hall of fame oops thats hall of shame:eek:

Look cool, pose, take some well filtered selfies in beast mode, duck lips, frowny face, use a bunch of hashtags and be sure to leave a well documented list of all the gear required in the back country adventure. Don't forget to throw down some inspirational messages for the mere mortals to ooooh and ahhhh over. Click the "like" and "share".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back