Caribou Gear Tarp

RIP Swiss Family Robinson

Totally agree, but - Mandalorian & the Book of Boba Fett is coming out, so I'mma still keep my script.
We still have ours too for the kids. Don’t see it going anywhere right now. I’m not into the boycott game too big myself I just think it’d be more effective than all this if people don’t like it. I think some took what I said the wrong way or maybe I said it the wrong way. My kids enjoy Disney + I’m not gonna pitch a fit. They can choose to air what they want or pull what they want. It’s life. It’s always changing.

Have been into Costco 2x in my life. Both times I left happy with a wedge of Parmigiano-Reggiano the size of my head! 10/10, would go again.

I loved that movie as a kid. Watched it again a few years ago and I really wanted to punch Ernst & Francis for being such punks.

It didn't quite hold up as well as others, like Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang or Bedknobs & Broomsticks, but still fared better than the Shaggy DA or Herbie Goes Bananas.

Because, my friends, this is Cinema!
Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang was my friggin jam at my grandparents house, along with Old Yeller and Flipper.

Here is a story about cheese that is relevant to the topic.

Once at a McD's in Gaspe, Quebec, I approached the counter to order my usual Big Mac, no cheese*. Wanting to be cultural sensitive because I am a caring person, I ordered in my best Quebecois, "Un Big Mac trio sans fromage s'il vous plait". I received the most Bert of Bert stares I have ever seen or been given. After an uncomfortable length of silence, with the young lady behind the counter silently trying to work out what I had just said to her, I broke the silence with, "Big Mac, no cheese". The young lady laughed, then repeated, in French, very slowly as tho I were a child, "Ooooh, sans fromage s'il vous plait." Ive no idea how I actually said it, but it sounded right in my head!

So what does that have to do with this topic?

This is Merka! Be more Merkan, snowflakes!

*Cheese is in the top 3 food groups along with tacos and pasta, but what is on the Big Mac is not cheese and ruins a perfectly good edible sandwich, so I abstain.

We still have ours too for the kids. Don’t see it going anywhere right now. I’m not into the boycott game too big myself I just think it’d be more effective than all this if people don’t like it. I think some took what I said the wrong way or maybe I said it the wrong way. My kids enjoy Disney + I’m not gonna pitch a fit. They can choose to air what they want or pull what they want. It’s life. It’s always changing.
First, I only quoted your post because it contained the word “boycott”.

I want to clarify my position and argue that what I have begun doing recently is slightly different than the standard boycotts Ive seen in the past, and it may not entirely apply to Disney+...

I don’t really promote avoiding a person or a business that says something I disagree with. If I did, I would not be able to do business with anyone at all. Read a handful of my posts. I disagree significantly with just about everyone about something. Also, I don’t really promote boycotting businesses who legally donate to or espouse support for political candidates that oppose. On the other hand, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Amazon have actively censored political speech, algorithmically manipulated perception, inconsistently applied restrictions, declared themselves the truth police, and de-platformed potential skeptics and competitors. At some point, if you don’t like what these companies are doing TO YOU, I recommend that you stop paying them to do it. Recently, Bed Bath and Beyond, and HEB, along with some others that I don’t remember, removed all My Pillow products from their store shelves because they disagreed politically with the owner. If HEB doesn’t think that I should be able to purchase a product from someone that they disagree with politically, then perhaps I shouldn’t purchase anything at all from HEB. Perhaps I should purchase products from companies that want to sell every good product, not just products manufactured by those with political views they approve of.

I’m actually suggesting that we support every person’s freedom of speech and association, by not rewarding companies who are attempting to suppress such freedoms. It’s sort of an anti-boycott. It may not really apply to the Disney+ situation.

I’m will not willingly fund my own demise. Particularly not under some illusion that if I believe if freedom, then for some reason I must continue to finance the very entities seeking to suppress freedom.

i still haven't slept for more than 5 unbroken hours and have had a headache every day since getting a puppy

i'm inclined to believe that the first two weeks of a puppy are as bad as a baby. except that after the first couple weeks the puppy becomes easy and the baby remains hard.

but i've never had a baby 🤷‍♂️

Oh man, you think puppies are hard? Our second daughter didn't sleep a full night for over 18 months...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back