Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

rifles

JWhunter

I am looking at getting a 204 for var its don't know what make... I am also wondering if I should invest in a 7mm since I have a 270 win but I am confident with just wondering if I need more punch.???

I am looking at getting a 204 for var its don't know what make... I am also wondering if I should invest in a 7mm since I have a 270 win but I am confident with just wondering if I need more punch.???

7mm and a .270 aren't far enough apart. Get something 30 cal.

There are two inviolate rules in life; you can't have too many guns and you can't have too much taxidermy. Get both rifles, if you're looking for suggestions, consider the .204 in a Savage Weather Warrior and a Sako Finnlight 7 or 300 WSM, but then again there are lots of good guns out there.

Buy a secondhand sako L461 in the heavy barrel varmint model and rebarrel it to 204 and then look for a secondhand Sako 75 in .300wsm in the S/S. with the fully adjustable trigger down to 2lb and a fluted barrel of 24 3/8in it is a perfect set up for all round use. The quality and accuracy of those pre 85 Sako's is superb for a factory rifle.

Savage makes a fine 204, as far 7mm the .30's are great but consider moving up to the .338's. If you had a 204, 270, and 338 you can hunt it all and always have a back-up. Just my 2¢.....

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back