Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Rifle upgrade! Tikka T3x

Personal preference, especially with Tikkas since the actions are the same for SA and LA so no weight or length benefits. .308 will be a bit lower in recoil and 30-06 will shoot slightly bigger bullets. Pick one. I personally chose .308, but no reason someon else should.
So you say there is no difference in the measurements or action length between the tikka 308 and '06? Interesting

They just use a bolt slide stop and mags with a deadzone at the rear to fit short action cartridges into the inherently long action frame.
Correct. The difference between a SA and LA is an inch or less. I used to fret over it, but don't anymore. Especially if the available magazine has the length I need.

I bought a Tikka T3x 30-06 last May for elk season, but ended up not being impressed. I am left handed so I went with the Tikka because of the left handed model. I ended up using something different in Colorado, and the Tikka is just collecting dust now. Actually tried to trade it in at Sportsman's Warehouse the other day for a Weatherby, and they only offered me $255 trade value!!!?? My rifle is in brand new condition with the limb saver airtech butt and a spare magazine. I politely said hell no! Some people swear by the Tikka, but for some reason I just didn't feel comfortable with it. I usually shoot right handed bolt actions, and this was my first left handed that is probably why I didn't like it.

I bought a Tikka T3x 30-06 last May for elk season, but ended up not being impressed. I am left handed so I went with the Tikka because of the left handed model. I ended up using something different in Colorado, and the Tikka is just collecting dust now. Actually tried to trade it in at Sportsman's Warehouse the other day for a Weatherby, and they only offered me $255 trade value!!!?? My rifle is in brand new condition with the limb saver airtech butt and a spare magazine. I politely said hell no! Some people swear by the Tikka, but for some reason I just didn't feel comfortable with it. I usually shoot right handed bolt actions, and this was my first left handed that is probably why I didn't like it.
I find the factory stock to be an odd fit, but with an aftermarket stock, they are top-notch. I know that the switch from Right to Left for my S-I-L has been awkward to say the least - both with Tikka and Remington.

I'll give a hundo over their offer, if it makes you feel better!!!

Personal preference, especially with Tikkas since the actions are the same for SA and LA so no weight or length benefits. .308 will be a bit lower in recoil and 30-06 will shoot slightly bigger bullets. Pick one. I personally chose .308, but no reason someon else should.
X2. I prefer the long action cartridge out of a long action rifle, but you can’t go wrong with either one in a Tikka

Well I finally pulled the trigger on a new Tikka T3x and I'm very impressed. I've never owned a brand new rifle and my current hunting rifle is a 1960s Remington 700 that my grandad gave me. Let's just say that rifle has seen better days.

I've always been a archery guy and rarely hunted with that rifle, but figured it was time I bought my own rifle.

It took about 10 shots to get it dialed in and I would say it's dialed. I don't claim to be a marksman, but this rifle makes me look good. With the ammo shortage i was unable to get different types to test out. I was shooting Winchester Silvertip 165 grain. This was my last 3 shots of the day. If you're on the fence about tikka, trust me you won't regret it.
Great Rifles - I also just got a new Rifle and Tikka was one of my last two options! Great rifles and that's a fantastic group. Good job and welcome to the club....nothing wrong with having both a rifle and a bow! :D

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back