Rifle bedding

mtmuley

I've used the Brownell's Acra-Glas kit in the past. Seemed to work well. What have you guys used, and how did you like it. I'm doing a makeover on my 721, changing stocks, new paint and figured might as well bed it. mtmuley

jryoung, I saw Devcon available as a two part epoxy with the plunger mixer. Is that the only way it is available? mtmuley

Did you end up finding that 721 you were looking for? The one with the carving in the stock?

Haven't found that one. That one and the one I still have both have been in the family a while. A stupid youthful mistake cost me the other rifle. I'm going to keep looking for the lost one, but thought I'd spruce up the ol girl I still have. mtmuley

I found some Acra-Glas gel. Didn't figure it would be available in Hamilton, Montana. Saves me from ordering or driving to Missoula. Thanks guys, mtmuley

I users whatever 2 part epoxy I have around.

I have an additional question. I like to coat the action in wax I have even used boot grease once. So what does everyone use?

I had Eddie Fosnaugh bed a semi-custom he put together for me. He uses devcon, and is fricken amazing with it.

IMG950212_zps41c93a0c.jpg

Some others from his site.

bed3.jpg

bed1.jpg

SKIM2011.jpg

jryoung, looks like a beautiful job. We'll see how my DIY bedding turns out. elkmagnet, your bedding isn't wrapped in camo is it? mtmuley

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moko
Back