MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Talk me out of a Savage Accufit Stock...

I like the stockys recommendations. They just announced rokstok inlets for savage as well. They aren't really out in the wild so hard to be 100% but I'd bet that is the way most of my hunting rifles are going to go if they turn out like I hope.

Last edited:
I went with an MDT Chassis for my Ruger American & love it!!!

Attachments

• R.A.R.MDT.CHASSIS.jpg
    R.A.R.MDT.CHASSIS.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 7
I’ve also heard the fore end in the field stock is very flexible which is a bummer. I really like KRG bravos in that realm so would be hard pressed to veer away from one of them.

Far as buying Merican, there aren’t really any production level rifles in the US that aren’t mediocre far as I know. Would love that to not be the case.

Nice. What’s the total weight?
I have not weighed it, but id guess about 9lbs with scope & bipod, not the lightest chassis but it free floats the barrel to improve accuracy which is worth the weight.
The rifle came with a really cool looking navy digi camo stock, but it was really flimsy & was contacting the barrel, so instead of hollowing out & bedding the rifle, it was much less trouble to put it in the Chassis & my groups improved greatly.
Although i have not seen one in person, I have read that the new stocks on the Ruger American Gen II are much better.....that's good, cuz the ones on the original, at least on mine, really sucked for accuracy & without accuracy the rifle is just a stick that goes bang.

I’ve also heard the fore end in the field stock is very flexible which is a bummer. I really like KRG bravos in that realm so would be hard pressed to veer away from one of them.

Far as buying Merican, there aren’t really any production level rifles in the US that aren’t mediocre far as I know. Would love that to not be the case.
Take a look at Bergara, they are made in Merica, not cheap, but for great for what you get.

Take a look at Bergara, they are made in Merica, not cheap, but for great for what you get.

Seems they did well for a bit or maybe were just the benefactor of new kid on the block hype, but I've talked with enough folks that had quality issues with them lately that they don't interest me. Accuracy issues, ejection issues. Stocks are kind of meh. 700 platform doesn't really excite me although they have some upgraded features from traditional 700s and it's nice for aftermarket support.

Seems they did well for a bit or maybe were just the benefactor of new kid on the block hype, but I've talked with enough folks that had quality issues with them lately that they don't interest me. Accuracy issues, ejection issues. Stocks are kind of meh. 700 platform doesn't really excite me although they have some upgraded features from traditional 700s and it's nice for aftermarket support.
Hmmm..... I have not heard that...kind of alarming if true....however,
Recently I was able to sight in a new Optic on my Bergara Ridgeback, Premier Edition in .300WM with Federal 180gr Power Shok.
I was happy with the results, with the latter shots having the best grouping.
The Muzzle brake was quite effective & felt recoil was hardly any more than my .308
That said, this is not a budget rifle.....

Attachments

• 6.22.24.ii.jpg
    6.22.24.ii.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 6.22.24.iii.jpg
    6.22.24.iii.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 6
Take a look at Bergara, they are made in Merica...
They are not.

I can say something that should help anyone exclude themselves anything savage. They’re Chinese. It’s an enemy of the US and we shouldn’t give them money
Chinese or not, savage will still outperform any other factory rifle and most custom rifles.

Just my 2 cents, I have put Boyds stocks under a couple of my rifles and the preformed great, yea they are heavy but they are stable.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaronf257
Back