Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bedding

I’d have to check but sure don’t think I paid that much, Regardless he gets my work.

There are no gunsmiths anywhere close to me that do this quality work. Plus I like supporting a fellow HT member's business.
That and Paul is super laid back to work with. Most gunsmiths are grumpy assholes and so deeply set in their ways they can't/won't step out of their comfort zone to try something new.
Screenshot_20230509_174318.jpg

That and Paul is super laid back to work with. Most gunsmiths are grumpy assholes and so deeply set in their ways they can't/won't step out of their comfort zone to try something new.
View attachment 275310
Thank you. I never understood the gunshop/Smith mentality where they always have a chip on their shoulder. That said, I've met a lot of really good, dependable people in this industry also.
I really enjoy doing the challenging custom work stuff. One of the early jobs I did when I opened shop was to chop and thread a Remmy VTR. I was surprised to hear nobody wanted to touch it because of the triangular barrel. That customer has brought a ton of work in since then.

Thank you. I never understood the gunshop/Smith mentality where they always have a chip on their shoulder. That said, I've met a lot of really good, dependable people in this industry also.
I really enjoy doing the challenging custom work stuff. One of the early jobs I did when I opened shop was to chop and thread a Remmy VTR. I was surprised to hear nobody wanted to touch it because of the triangular barrel. That customer has brought a ton of work in since then.
Awesome! Are you ready to convert a lever gun to accept Beta mags?

Bedding bottom metal: use your action screws to pull the action into place. You only want to use enough pressure to set the action where it needs to be but don't go past snug. Once it's in place back off your screws and leave them finger tight.
I'm going to bed mine this off-season, but I read somewhere that the action screws should be torqued to spec while it cures? I don't know that I really understand one way or the other since the epoxy is still wet when we tighten the screws on the initial drying process, so I'm ignorant to this process. Does the torque cause the epoxy to spill out too much?

I'm going to bed mine this off-season, but I read somewhere that the action screws should be torqued to spec while it cures? I don't know that I really understand one way or the other since the epoxy is still wet when we tighten the screws on the initial drying process, so I'm ignorant to this process. Does the torque cause the epoxy to spill out too much?
Don't torque them. If you're not bedding the bottom metal at the same time then don't even use the action screws. Buy some bolts that are the right size, cut the heads off and screw those into the action to use as alignment studs.

Torquing the screws will induce stress into the action and defeat the purpose of bedding. The last few I did, I didn't even use tape or surgical tube. Just pushed the action into place and let gravity take over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back