Caribou Gear

R7 mule b tags

"It’s hard for me to get worked up about when I can walk 500 yards from the truck anywhere in region 7 and glass half dozen mulie does"

There you have it Buzz - the voice of of many. Add that to the "no voices whatsoever" and the complainers might be a relatively a mere squeek in the dark.
And, yeah, I have somewhat of a vested interest myself.

...and the enablers keep enabling.

I had it pretty good in Montana back in the day, and if the majority of hunters, biologists, etc. think its still good enough and they're doing a great job...so be it. Not my pig, not my farm.

The guys/gals that knew what it was like are either quitting, dying off, or have grown tired of even bothering to complain anymore...exactly what the FWP wants to happen.

It’s just a euphemism, but isn’t that what we are all doing. Not to beat it death but residents killed twice as many baldies as nonresidents. Where do you start?

It’s just a euphemism, but isn’t that what we are all doing. Not to beat it death but residents killed twice as many baldies as nonresidents. Where do you start?

There is no place to start...only a place for it to end, and we're getting closer every season.

Has nothing to do with the resident/non resident thing. Yes, your statement was a good synopsis of a COMMON thread. Pay attention.

I’m the first to raise my hand for conservation. Nor have I ever shot a doe out west. I know very little about Montana game and fish operations. Is the position that game and fish is incompetent or that they are deliberately trying to decrease your hunting rights?

This and similar MT issues have been discussed ad nauseum on here for many years now. Search for these topics, you'll find plenty of "positions".

Incompetent, because they won’t do what’s right for the herd over the objections of people who just want to shoot stuff and get back to “real” life.

A very good friend of mine summed it up probably even better, "If not for the vastness of Montana, and private land, there wouldn't be anything left to hunt".

Unfortunately, there's enough private land in MT that we'll never really hit rock bottom, overall. There'll always be enough animals stacked up on pieces of private land that will seem to justify just a pile of licenses overall - and ridiculously long seasons. It'll continue to be motivated by a subset of folks who rub elbows with the decision makers. And as long as there's a few does/fawns and a handful of tiny bucks, the zombie apocalypse of hunters with an oddly low bar of recreational satisfaction/appreciation will continue to come. SE MT -- your hunting jackpot!

Don’t be such a downer Greenhorn. If we run out of deer we can always shoot a rancher’s cow.

I’m just excited to bring my wife and three kids that hunt and our 35 antlerless mule deer tags and go grocery shopping on the Custer. What time does that covfete shop on Diamond Butte open up each day? We all got new 6.5 Creeds so we should be able to shoot up to 1000 yards of the road. Got a big winch with a mile of mule tape and two chest freezers in the trailer. Sure hope it goes good. If it does I will be bring some of the in-laws and their kid next year. #hunttoeatbaby
😂

I mean it’s fun and a guy’s gotta feed his family right? I took this pic on the Custer a few years back. It was mid-90s and the flies were setting in -I’m sure they were out putting the move on another big juicy doe. 3 plates - no big surprise. ;-) @timmy was that your rig?

Last edited:
I mean it’s fun and a guy’s gotta feed his family right? I took this pic on the Custer a few years back. It was mid-90s and I’m sure they were out putting the move on another big juicy doe. 3 plates - no big surprise. ;-) @timmy was that your rig?
View attachment 112121
No I’m an Ismay guy moved as far west as I could take and that was Miles City.

I think maybe an internet kiosk where you can log in confirm your onXmaps waypoints, maybe double check goHunt rankings, and watch some YouTube vids.

Maybe a portable workout/podcast site, mirrors set up, cameras, selfie sticks, shakeweights, and for a premium fee - a videographer for filming your workout and instantly posting it to instagram.

Back