Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

R7 mule b tags

8andcounting

As of few minutes ago I saw over 8,400 b tags still available. Region 7 is big but that’s a lot of mule deer does that’ll get killed . Is the herd numbers better than they have been or ? Seems ridiculously high . Seen on Facebook there’s people bragging how they got up today to buy their 7 b tags and blah blah . For you SE Montana residents, how are deer numbers looking ?

I haven’t been to r7 in few years but last time I was it looked to me like there shouldn’t be any doe’s shot , atleast where I was at I’m sure on private there’s plenty but maybe need to make them private only or ?

must be few hundred thousand mule deer in 7 to warrant that many more doe tags,,,, maybe they have a new math program,, doesn't matter what the answer is as long as you write down your work,,, 6th grade all over again

I bet they meant 84 tags but there was a GLITCH in the computer system,,,,,

Rut hunt and 7 mule deer doe tags brings the finest of hunters to the area. I can’t wait for November!! To answer the question deer numbers are way down but that’s just my opinion. Some private ranches have plenty of deer but overall numbers are down.

As of few minutes ago I saw over 8,400 b tags still available. Region 7 is big but that’s a lot of mule deer does that’ll get killed . Is the herd numbers better than they have been or ? Seems ridiculously high . Seen on Facebook there’s people bragging how they got up today to buy their 7 b tags and blah blah . For you SE Montana residents, how are deer numbers looking ?
Where are you seeing that amount of B tags? None show up when I download the tag listing except whitetail tags.

Region 7 is 29,799 square miles. 8,500 B tags would equate to the taking of 1 deer out of every 3.5 sq miles. Take it for what it is, good bad or otherwise. I could see this being of concern with areas with high percentages of public land.

Buzz sends incessant and largely futile laments out to the four winds about "it" being MFWP's fault. He would be correct.
Greenhorn says hunters buying one of those tags should take a kick to the crotch - suggesting the public has a major set of dirty hands in this one. He might be correct.
Schaaf say that the public buys the shit out of 'em. He is correct. And that public must be correct, as they are just purchasing what's available to them - right??
Where does the buck (or lack thereof - a quality one, that is..... poor humor attempt) stop? Where and how does an actual solution come from/get implemented, given the fact a lotta' hunters will kill gladly the last piece of meat on four legs, or wings (many Montana's upland bird populations are likely in poor shape this year -a whole different but relevant topic)???
Everybody's correct, whole bunch of fingers pointing at different parties to blame. And Montanans keep voting for a majority of legislators who are of no help whatsoever - in fact the opposite.
Interesting conundrum.

I always seem to come back to "government for the people, BY THE PEOPLE".............................................................

That's a lot of B tags. I would think the bulk of them will be shot on private land, but I've hunted out there the past few years and it is amazing the amount of people just driving around trying to shoot stuff from the road.

That really doesn't seem like that many tags to me for an area that large. Of course I'm from Wisconsin where we give out unlimited doe tags in half the state and 200,000 doe tags in the other half.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back