Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Questions you want answered

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This Friday, the 20th, we have decided to record a Podcast that is all a Q & A session; answering your questions. Not sure we can get through them all in 75-90 minutes, but if you ask them here, we will try to get through as many as possible.

Please list it as a question, not a topic. If you list it as a question, then we will fully understand the question you have and the context in which you are asking it. No question is off limits. I hope the questions can instigate some good discussion that other people/podcasts shy away from.

Note - The podcasts are being recorded and we will be announcing the release dates and the location where you can download them, later this month.

Where do you see the future of bighorn sheep management in the west? What needs to be done big picture in order to sustain a healthy population and prevent them from becoming an endangered or threatened species? What can the average hunter do to help? Do you see a present conservation group that has the potential to make a difference or does something new need to come along?

If you had to hunt with just one rifle for the rest of your life, what caliber would it be and why?

You have to pick only one big game animal that you can hunt from here on out. What species do you pick, and why?

Are we (collectively) doing enough to get kids involved in the outdoors? Are we losing the battle vs iPads, TV, computer games, etc or do you feel we are holding our own?

Is the nonresident hunter going to be priced out of western big game hunts in the future? Is there any end in sight to the license cost escalation madness? Have there been any signs that the various state wildlife agencies are starting to realize they are killing the cash cow that is nonresident hunters?

Has TV ruined hunting (ie making long range shooting look easy, increase in leasing of western lands, promotional (celebrity) gadgets, stupid catchphrases that makes hunters look bad)?

What piece of gear can't you go without? What piece of gear should be pitched from your pack? Are we relying on too much technology?

What are the top three things we hunters bitch about the most and chase ourselves in circles over. What the one thing we should turn that energy towards in order to promote better hunting and access.

You hunt WAY more and in more cool places than I do. How do I change my life to do that all the while making my wife happy about it? ;) :D

Which, I think brings up a good guest for a podcast. Mrs. Fin!

I am real excited you are starting a podcast! Rinella's podcast is great, and I actually submitted a few times for him to have you as a guest. Your show is very refreshing and one of only a few I am willing to watch. You are authentic, which is rare now a days. I am taking my dad to Montana next year (fall of 2016) for our first western hunt. We are using a guide since we have never hunted out there, we will be camping and hunting the Lolo NF. I did a ton of research, but I still found it tough to find out what area or state I should go to, so I narrowed it down to the fact that I loved western Montana when my wife and I visited the Glacier Park area. If you had three pointers for us to focus on, what would they be? Sorry for rambling.

What are 3 memorable mistakes you've made while hunting that you've learned from and have made you a better hunter?

How many helpers/spotters do you really have in other states that put you on the animals and/or hunting spots?

How much public versus private land do you actually hunt these days?

What is your annual budget for hunting?

Do you actually still have a "regular" job anymore?

Is there still a future for your youtube videos...I was really enjoying those.

Yup. Between the Podcast, a new website, planning a new season, editing the prior season, and a new platform to download all our episodes, things are kind of crazy right now. A company that actually knows what they are doing is taking over our YouTube channel and will be managing it with a ton of the content we have in the can. Teach me to try and juggle more than one ball at a time.

What are you doing for diet and exercise to keep you in the hunting woods, given your (our) increasing age and prior health issues?

Back