Yeti GOBOX Collection

Questions you want answered

In regards to food preparation after the harvest. Do you butcher the meat yourself or pay someone else to do it and why?
Follow up question, in regards to paying someone to butcher your meat for you are you ever concerned that you do not get YOUR animal back or the meat was not taken care of properly as you are not there to tend to it or see how it is taken care of?

Boxer or briefs?

What is the most unusual thing you've found while on a hunt?

How do I need to restructure my career to be able to use hunting trips and related gear off on my federal taxes?

Pick one combo(rifle,caliber,scope,ammo) to hunt everything.What is it?

How did the whole idea of OYOA/Fresh Tracks get off the ground and what steps did you take(intentionally or otherwise) to get it going and keep it going the way it is today?

I've been listening to one of Rinella's podcast and it got me wondering, how the hell do you plan on making money with this? :D. Seriously, I see no advertizing so are you just looking just for more exposure?

I've been listening to one of Rinella's podcast and it got me wondering, how the hell do you plan on making money with this? :D. Seriously, I see no advertizing so are you just looking just for more exposure?

There is advertising in a Podcast format, but it is very subtle. Whatever we end up doing to monetize will be even more subtle.

And yes, I am looking to expand the reach of the platforms we have created. I want to reach people who don't watch TV or engage in forums. Plus, it is a medium that has fewer boundaries and allows for a lot more discussion. The human voice can provide much more communication than written words.

I've never made any money at TV or from owning a forum :eek: , so why should a podcast be any different? :confused:

Well I wish you continued success (or at least manageable losses ;) ) as we all benefit from your public presence!

There is advertising in a Podcast format, but it is very subtle. Whatever we end up doing to monetize will be even more subtle.

And yes, I am looking to expand the reach of the platforms we have created. I want to reach people who don't watch TV or engage in forums. Plus, it is a medium that has fewer boundaries and allows for a lot more discussion. The human voice can provide much more communication than written words.

I've never made any money at TV or from owning a forum :eek: , so why should a podcast be any different? :confused:

Wait, if you don't make money, and don't have a day job, then how are you paying all of your spotters across the west, and paying all those ranches for access?

Not being patient I searched for your podcast already..and saw some other guy using "Hunt Talk" as the name of his podcast...do you have an official name yet, or surprising us in the launch?

Not being patient I searched for your podcast already..and saw some other guy using "Hunt Talk" as the name of his podcast...do you have an official name yet, or surprising us in the launch?

You notice those guys also have some artwork that was identical to the first rendition of this site? Maybe it was just coincidence.

Regardless, I own the name Hunt Talk with the US Patent and Trademark Office. I own it for web, print, TV, and radio. I could make life difficult for those guys, but I've got a lot bigger issues I would rather spend my time on. Not too worried about them. In fact, good luck to them.

The official name is Hunt Talk Radio - Randy Newberg Unfiltered. You will see one of the three logos below being used, depending of if it is for print, digital, or other.

tagline (2).jpg

Our new website will probably be live by the end of next week and it will have more details, links, etc.

Wait, if you don't make money, and don't have a day job, then how are you paying all of your spotters across the west, and paying all those ranches for access?

Yeah, when doing the podcast the other day, one of the guys saw that comment in this thread and wanted me to address it. Not worth the time. If we do address it, it will be done with all the humor I am capable of imparting. Mrs. Fin read that comment and gave consideration to banning the guy who posted it. Funny stuff, for sure.

What's your take on the Grey Wolf reintroductions/continuing court battles in the West & Great Lakes Regions?

Just listened to the second podcast. Really enjoyed it! Here's a topic I'd love to hear you address:

What process do you go through when you prepare to apply and hunt out of state? How do you decide on specific units/areas? What research tools do you use? Are different state agencies more helpful with assisting the out-of-state hunter than others?

Noise in podcast background

So I listened to MeatEater podcast when you were on Randy and found out you started ur own. Love the 2 EP's I have listened to so far but I have noticed an annoying "pop" or some noise in the background. I noticed it in the meateater ep you were on as well. Since this has to be in the form of a question.... is this a problem you guys have noticed or is it just me and my aging ears. There are times in the podcast that the noise, plastic on plastic sound, makes it hard to focus on ur content. Thanks and keep the podcasts coming, gonna listen anyway..

So I listened to MeatEater podcast when you were on Randy and found out you started ur own. Love the 2 EP's I have listened to so far but I have noticed an annoying "pop" or some noise in the background. I noticed it in the meateater ep you were on as well. Since this has to be in the form of a question.... is this a problem you guys have noticed or is it just me and my aging ears. There are times in the podcast that the noise, plastic on plastic sound, makes it hard to focus on ur content. Thanks and keep the podcasts coming, gonna listen anyway..

It is the microphone and the cables that attach to it. If any of the group moves, the cables make some sort of pop when they are moved. If you have the mic too close or too far, it also pops.

Wish I knew a way to get rid of it, but that is the kit they have us set up with.

I'd love to hear an episode about moving west. I know a lot of your listeners already live out there but having a guy from each of the major hunting states on to talk about what hunting and fishing as a resident is like there would be interesting to everyone! And in my case help in my year long research project trying to decide where to move blindly be I don't have time to travel to all these states before we move lol.

Have someone from MT (you I'm guessing), CO, WY, ID, maybe Oregon and just discuss what you as a resident get to hunt every year both big and small game and see who everyone is jealous of at the end.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back