PEAX Equipment

Pulled a tag!

IdahoRob

Hello guys,

I found out today that I drew a Sheep tag in central ID. Been putting in for 12 years and without having preference points in this state, I wasn't very confindent in my odds. This didn't help with my shattered hopes every year upon checking my results. Well today I'm a happy man. Needed to share with like minded folks!

Thanks for listening!

Rob

Pretty cool. Hope you share the story and photos, too.

Absolutely agree.

Congrats first...your a lucky man, but you'd better keep us informed (and post between now and then); as to how you do out there..?

Might even give us a run-up to your hunt/plans/prep etc. and the 'a quick follow-up' after your first hunt (and so on)....

Thats what OYOA is all about...;)

Makes for neat hunt I tell ya, knowing others are there in spirirt.

Moe:cool:

What the Freak does "Central Idaho" mean ? This is a Once in a lifetime Sheep hunt, not a Deer or Elk. You ain't drawing it again. Share the Unit with us........ :D :D

Uhhhh I meant, Welcome aboard and Congrats :p

Seriously though, a lot of people on this board and maybe you can get info if you need. Congrats !!! I love hearing about hunts !!

Sounds great. Unit is 27-4. There is a ton of area, but I'm very familar with a portion of it. I guided elk, deer, and goat hunters for many years out of the "Diamond D" on Loon creek which is in the heart of this unit.

I was lucky enough to draw a goat tag for the same area back in the 90's and killed a 9-3/4" Billy.

I have seen many sheep throughout the years but have never pinned them down. Most sightings were Rams just passing through.

I do have one area that I find them every year and would use my bow, but they don't arrive in that area until late Oct. and the season is over Oct. 13th.

I'm open to ideas, knowledge, and help with gathering info on the sheep and habits as I'm fairly ignorant on them.

Take care,
Rob

Last edited:
Good luck Rob. Hope you have a great hunt. There have been some epic ID sheep hunts posted on the threads of Hunt Talk, and I am sure yours will be of the same fold.

See if this works, these are when I was guiding a big game hunter. Excuse the outfit, turned very warm that day. This young ram was playing with the ewes.

Attachments

• Idaho 079.jpg
    Idaho 079.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 398
  • Idaho 074.jpg
    Idaho 074.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 389
Pretty good lamb count. If I remember thesee pics were in 2004. That ram would be sweet to find now.

Attachments

• Idaho 075.jpg
    Idaho 075.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 399
With them britches that you are wearing, you, Moosie and a few others should get alone quit well! I kinda wonder about them! :D

Nah, Congrats and can`t wait to hear about the hunt and see some great pics.

So this probably changes any plans you had for NV snowcock, eh?

When I first read your post I was going to offer my company on any scouting trips, etc, but then I saw that picture and changed my mind. :D LOL just kidding.

Seriously, congrats on the tag and good luck. There are actually some peaks in that unit I might get in to climb this summer (Mt Loening, Mt Jordan, The General, Mt Greylock). I'll holler if I see any sheep, but sounds like you know the unit well enough.

You trying after those again this year? That's about as vertical of hunting as any. I need to get me one of those.

When I first read your post I was going to offer my company on any scouting trips, etc, but then I saw that picture and changed my mind. :D LOL just kidding.

Seriously, congrats on the tag and good luck. There are actually some peaks in that unit I might get in to climb this summer (Mt Loening, Mt Jordan, The General, Mt Greylock). I'll holler if I see any sheep, but sounds like you know the unit well enough.

I'm still dying to hunt the snowcock. I was a bit late in my planning.

The General is where I killed my billy. I've seen rams on the General/China creek and Jordan and this is where I'm planning on starting. Never can hear enough on an area, so any ideas/info/help would be greatly appreciated. I'd enjoy some company in scouting and hunting, promise I'll wear more appropriete clothing.:D

Back