PEAX Equipment

Public land bird

teamhoyt

Up with the sun this morning on another great peice of mt public land. I Was expecting to have a lot of company but never saw another hunter. The Farmer that leases the fields on this wma moved his equipment into the field where the birds have been frequenting so I opted to head into the cottonwoods. My daughter and I found a small clearing and set up the blind and decoys, it didn't take long and the gobblers were on the way!

I Let out a yelp and got a response from 10 yds away! Behind me of course, the birds walked the trail 1 yard from the blind but on the side that I had all closed up! A half hour later they were back and the arrow sailed harmlessly by them however that twig was fatally wounded.

Decided the morning was a bust so we headed fishing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 528
When we come back to the camper there were the turkeys out on a sand bar! This time the shotgun is going! Off through the woods, spot the quarry, give a few yelps and enjoy the show. Wait for it.............BOOM. Great days with the kids and enjoying this great life!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 496
Beautiful bird. Awesome to have your daughter with you.

Great day in the outdoors. Is that a Merriam? Congrats

Great thread. thanks for putting it up. When your kids smile like that, you're doing something right!

Back